Thanks For Coming

MeanGreengdub

Did any other students get an email saying thanks for coming to the game saturday?? I got on that had my name and ID number on it thanking me for coming and then letting me know about the next home game and how to get tickets for family and friends. Good idea by the AD.

That special touch or detail e-mail as I call it makes a lasting impression. It does several things:

1. reminds you of how much fun you had

2. previews the next game (Troy)

3. psyches you up for the next round (MTSU)

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did any other students get an email saying thanks for coming to the game saturday?? I got on that had my name and ID number on it thanking me for coming and then letting me know about the next home game and how to get tickets for family and friends. Good idea by the AD.

I believe season ticket holders get those as well, as I received mine (and have after the FAU game) I believe the AD can track the person who attend by the barcode on the tickets, and refer it back to the database that has a listing of persons on file to see who owned each ticket. Then if there is an email address on file the system spits out an email (sort of like a form letter) and fires it off.

Sorry for the explanation... you all probably knew this. But I'm an IT guy so cut me some slack. ;)

I believe season ticket holders get those as well, as I received mine (and have after the FAU game) I believe the AD can track the person who attend by the barcode on the tickets, and refer it back to the database that has a listing of persons on file to see who owned each ticket. Then if there is an email address on file the system spits out an email (sort of like a form letter) and fires it off.

Sorry for the explanation... you all probably knew this. But I'm an IT guy so cut me some slack. ;)

The Emails are a terrific idea. Kudos to whoever on the administration came up with the suggestion !

Hey, you should feel lucky you didn't go to Florida. Their fans are very rude and several of my friends were treated very badly because they were wearing cardinal and black. Only place that is worse is LSU.

You misunderstood. The Arkansas fans were very friendly. It was one of our own Athletic Department employees that was a jerk.

The Emails are a terrific idea. Kudos to whoever on the administration came up with the suggestion !

I love the emails. We've gotten one after each home game. The only slight concern I have is that on the right-hand side of the page it lists our Mean Green Club account and password. I'm okay with the name and maybe the username, but is it really necessary to have the typed password printed in an email? I'm no IT person, but that doesn't seem very secure to me.