Green Brigade Disrespected!

THE CLAW

I know me and a few others around me found it disrespecting when the band started playing our fight song their somewhat of a band started playing their fight song or something else!! When we started playing I Can't Stop Loving You at the end of the 3rd quarter they started as well. I think that the UNT band director needs to write a letter to ULM band director and demand an apology because that was rude to me. :angry: But I can't complain about a WIN!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I know me and a few others around me found it disrespecting when the band started playing our fight song their somewhat of a band started playing their fight song or something else!! When we started playing I Can't Stop Loving You at the end of the 3rd quarter they started as well. I think that the UNT band director needs to write a letter to ULM band director and demand an apology because that was rude to me. :angry: But I can't complain about a WIN!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

HAHAHAHA

I feel OUR FANS are retarded. Screaming North Texas when we are on offense with 2:25 left in the 1st half was STUPID. Our cheerleaders and fans need to be smarter about football.

I and others around me could care less about 2 bands playing at once.

HAHAHAHA

I feel OUR FANS are retarded. Screaming North Texas when we are on offense with 2:25 left in the 1st half was STUPID. Our cheerleaders and fans need to be smarter about football.

I agree with you on one part of your statement about how the cheerleaders started the North Texas chant when we had the ball but I am sorry for caring about other programs of UNT that support the football team!!!

I agree with you on one part of your statement about how the cheerleaders started the North Texas chant when we had the ball but I am sorry for caring about other programs of UNT that support the football team!!!

I'm happy ULM's band made the trip. Makes for better atmosphere. Bands play songs, sometimes at the same time. I doubt the band director will write a letter demanding an apology to ULM's director because a fan thought it was rude. The image I have of the band "getting dissed" by another one is laughable. Even more laughable, is that we would whine to a school that paid money to send their band to our stadium to add to our game day atmosphere and support their team, demanding for an apology. I'd like to think, and know, that we are more gracious hosts than that.

This always happens when someone else brings their band along. And as always, our band wins because the Brigade is hands-down better.

What's sad is their band was a third of ours and just as loud. Time we figured out that Flutes, Clarinets, etc. need to be replaced by instruments that can be heard...

On the positive, the alumni love it when the band comes over into our crowd and plays. I also like that our band knows when not to play (like when we are on offense)

Edited by the green rokemi

What's sad is their band was a third of ours and just as loud. Time we figured out that Flutes, Clarinets, etc. need to be replaced by instruments that can be heard...

On the positive, the alumni love it when the band comes over into our crowd and plays. I also like that our band knows when not to play (like when we are on offense)

Uhm, you let me know how that works out when you talk to the band director. I'm sure he wants to cut flutes and clarinets because they "can't be heard".

Uhm, you let me know how that works out when you talk to the band director. I'm sure he wants to cut flutes and clarinets because they "can't be heard".

Well, I don't think that we need to "cut them" - but we always seem to have a sound problem. Why not mike them? That way the band director would be happy and the fans would get that "bigger/louder is better" out of their system. Other bands "mic" their instruments, why not NT?

Personally...I thought our band was great last night. I'm not talking about the half-time show...cause I'm not really into those.

But, as far as what our band was doing in the stands...to fire up the fans---I thought they were just great.

And major kudos to the students--another good turnout and lots of enthusiasm from them.

HAHAHAHA

Great post and I couldn't agree more. We need to educate our fans desperately and our band needs some new songs.

Um...yeah...not knowing what you're talking about can lead people to the impression that you're an idiot. You wouldn't want that now, would you?

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I would like to see our flutes and clarinets get amplifiers so they do not have to be replaced. Also I'd like them to have effects like flange, chorus, reverb, distortion, etc.

Guest JohnDenver

I think the GB schooled them by doing their wave combination thingy. That is the first time I have seen it done... When I thought it was done, they did it in slow mo... that was classic.

I think the GB schooled them by doing their wave combination thingy. That is the first time I have seen it done... When I thought it was done, they did it in slow mo... that was classic.

They actually do the wave combination during every game. But I agree that they're really good at it.

The battle of the bands thing is nothing new, and it's something that's done in high school too. The only thing childish I saw was that the ULM pep band (at least, I hope that's what they were since they were so small) would start playing whatever the GB was playing, only slower. They just sounded incompetent. And to respond to those who would like to see the woodwinds taken out of the band, they make more sound than you think. The only reason you could even hear the ULM band on occasion was that they were, to use a brass term, blasting/splatting their music. In other words, they weren't playing in control. That also caused them to play flat. The GB is plenty loud, and they most always play in control.

And for those of you who don't watch the halftime show, you're missing a real treat. Those kids are out there every afternoon in the heat working on that music, and they do a great job. And for everyone on the board who's been complaining that they play too much classical music, the halftime music for the show was a medley from the Simpsons, Jetsons, and several other shows.

Excellent job by the Green Brigade last night!

Edited by untgirl04

I enjoyed the fact that BOTH bands were in attendance at the game. It helped make it an even better event....bring on the bands...both bands at all the games! It's FUN! And, this is entertainment after all...and we have too few entertainment dollars cahsing too many entertainment opportunities to miss any chance to make UNT football MORE FUN to watch! It's an event...not just a game!

O.K., now bring on those comments about how football is life and so very important....if so, and without looking it up somewhere...what was the score of UNT's fourth game in the 1999 season??? Quick, you know it's life, right? Just kidding...great fun Saturday night...bring on both bands because the GREEN BRIGADE always wins... :lol:

First - The Green Brigade is the CLASS of UNT. ...but bands play over each other sometimes... they are playing to THEIR fans, not to us. It wasn't meant as disrespect.

Second - I agree on the Cheerleader thing. I can't tell you how often I have noticed them starting a cheer when there was an injured player on the field - not out of disrespect, but simply out of ignorance. They should pay closer attention to the game...