0-12 Season For The Mean Green ?

MeanGreen61

We knew this year would be tough. I love TD's optimism, but 0-12 is a real possibility. So, we take it on the chin this year and know we will be better next season. I would like the team to find a way to win Homecoming, but I'm on the bandwagon no matter what happens. I just hate it that the seniors will go out like this?

Still, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hangin on til RV says throw in the towel. Since that wont be soon, we should all have faith.

GMG!!!

I honestly believe NT will beat UL-M, MTSU, WKU and Florida Int'l.

4-8 is not what any of us wanted. But it's better than the last 2 years.

Call me PolyAnna, but I believe this team is on the correct track and some W's are coming this season.

I honestly believe NT will beat UL-M, MTSU, WKU and Florida Int'l.

4-8 is not what any of us wanted. But it's better than the last 2 years.

Call me PolyAnna, but I believe this team is on the correct track and some W's are coming this season.

I tell you what...we better not take the Hilltoppers too lightly this season...they beat MUTS and played Florida tough...I'm sure we'll be ready.

We knew this year would be tough.

Did we???

If we did...why all of the knee-jerk reactions, questioning of the coaching staff, bashing the players, etc.???

I think there were a lot of us who expected much better this season...

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Did we???

If we did...why all of the knee-jerk reactions, questioning of the coaching staff, bashing the players, etc.???

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Because Fans want imediate results, not building programs.

No way this team goes 0-12.

Each week they are getting a little better.

Dodge will build on those small accomplishments.

These young players will mature this season and get better each week.

I know this year has not been what Coach Dodge expected, but he is no dummy.

He will get this thing turned around and we will like the result. Take it to the bank.

Who the hell is Rich Tellshow? Never heard of him or his gasbag projections.

All I know is, that Madame Sophie, the palm reader that I frequent.....says that we're going 4-8.

And, she's damn good. It's uncanny how good she is. Just a few weeks ago, while reading my palm, she told me that I "play with myself" too much.

It was freaky how accurate she was.

So, screw Rich Tellshow. Madame Sophie knows her s##t.

All I know is, that Madame Sophie, the palm reader that I frequent.....says that we're going 4-8.

And, she's damn good. It's uncanny how good she is. Just a few weeks ago, while reading my palm, she told me that I "play with myself" too much.

She's telling you wrong big guy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm

:lol:

She's telling you wrong big guy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm

:lol:

I don't care if you don't have a license to practice........you are now my doctor. Thanks for the prescription.

On another medical note...over in the non-UNT sports section, I posted an interesting medical tidbit about Cowboys' kicker Nick Folk. Supposedly, his grandad invented bypass surgery.

Did we???

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

By "better", do you mean less stupid mistakes, penalties, turnovers, etc., not "better" as in better record. I had no expectations whatsoever with regard to record, but I did expect to look much better losing...and that's not happening. This is the biggest disappointment as far as I'm concerned.

Who the hell is Rich Tellshow? Never heard of him or his gasbag projections.

So, screw Rich Tellshow. Madame Sophie knows her s##t.

SUMG, with that post, I'm calling your preacher tomorrow. :unsure::blink::D

Na-Na-Na-Na-Naaaaa-Na!

GMG!

PS: I was really thinking more about 3 wins early last Winter. I just felt we didn't have the team speed on defense to keep up with an ever-improving Sun Belt Conference and like most of you, I have yet to meet the coach who can (in deed) coach speed.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Regarding the possibility of a winless season, Plumm (I think it was Plumm) said it best. I'll take a 3-9 season if it means that better things are to come. It feels now like you are investing this year, and it hurts. But you get the feeling like, with a few more seasons of bringing in good recruits, this thing could turn around. 3-9 last year felt like things were only going to get worse. 3-9 this year really feels like rebuilding.

Make no mistake, this year should pretty well knock the casual fan off the bandwagon. But the good thing about bandwagoners is that they'll be right back when you start winning.

Bring on 0-12 if it means we will have a brighter future! I still think we willput some "W's" up before the season is over...perhaps this Saturday, so you had better be there to see the first win in the Todd Dodge era! A long era, I hope...a long and successful era! I'm thinking we can get 3-4 W's up before the season is over...good things are developing with this team...yes, even the defense...and TD is looking to his younger players to provide a spark...and, let's not forget...to get them ready for next season. Season one is, well, season one....it is what it is and what it will be...BUT, step back, take a breath and I think you will see some very positive signs developing with this team. The team seems "together", and there seems to be no sign of finger pointing...at least not outwardly...this is good and it bodes well for the future of this team.

As the famous "Yogi Berra" is credited with saying...at least I think it was Yogi...it sounds like Yogi..."It ain't over until it's over"!

And, this "ain't over" and it's getting better and better...be there to see it happen!

Did we???

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I think the reason for all the "knee-jerk" reactions is NOT that everyone thought we would have a great year, but our D was suppose to be our strong point this year, and our O was going to have to struggle with running personell trying to run an passing O. In reality our O has done fine, and our stong D has been weak. I think if our D lived up to exectations then we would have been fine, and everyone would see the season they were expecting. I for one WAS thinking a 4 win season would be a success with 6 wins within reach. Never would I have though our D would have looked like they have and help point to a possible 0-12. I think we will still win a game or 2 though. Keep the faith guys.