Dodge: Vizza Will Start The Rest Of The Season

MeanGreen61

Interception #1- The receiver fell down.

#2--The receiver turned left---and the ball went to the right. After the play, the camera caught Dodge talking to the receiver. There is a strong possibility the receiver turned the wrong way.

#3---This was a fourth and long with time running out in the first half. Vizza gambled, as he should in this situation, and threw into double coverage deep. The defense intercepted. As it turned out the DB could have saved yardage and clock time for his team if he had simply batted the ball down instead of intercepting.

Don't leave out the option pitch directly to a LB in between him and the RB. Lets not forget the fumble at the goal line, that was luckily covered up by Stickler before the missed extra point. The first half of the game and in particular the 1st quarter was the worst display of offense I have seen this season. Good thing it is all behind us now. I think Vizza will settle down.

#3---This was a fourth and long with time running out in the first half. Vizza gambled, as he should in this situation, and threw into double coverage deep. The defense intercepted. As it turned out the DB could have saved yardage and clock time for his team if he had simply batted the ball down instead of intercepting.

Our punter, as good as he is, would have had a hard time putting the ball where that Int did.

Don't leave out the option pitch directly to a LB in between him and the RB. Lets not forget the fumble at the goal line, that was luckily covered up by Stickler before the missed extra point.

yeah, those were the only big mistakes I saw. The pitch was just a stupid mistake, and you'll get those with young guys like Gio that want to make something happen. He should have held it and taken the couple yard loss. Thats coachable. Same for the endzone fumble. Trying to do too much.

I can live with pick's 1 and 2 in weather like that, since they were receiver errors. As the field dried, you saw less mistakes. Lafayette was under torrential downpour as close to one hour before kick off. That had to have some effect on the passing game.