Is It Offical? Are We The Worst Team In College Football

Mean Green Sig

Can you be a bigger Drama Queen?

When the Dallas Morning News runs a story about your defense being ranked #119 out of #120 in two categeories..... yards given up and points given up.... I don't consider that being a "drama queen"....but to answer your question... "yes"

Just wait until the polls come out... we will drop from # 116 to # 119 o4 # 120. Yeah, North Texas!!!!!!

When the Dallas Morning News runs a story about your defense being ranked #119 out of #120 in two categeories..... yards given up and points given up.... I don't consider that being a "drama queen"....but to answer your question... "yes"

Just wait until the polls come out... we will drop from # 116 to # 119 o4 # 120. Yeah, North Texas!!!!!!

Who cares it is a rebuilding year, it not like it is a 10th year head-coach. Game - 5 new coach. We were ranked last year at 112th overall and 119th in offense you act like we have had this big drop off. Christ get a grip.

I think we could beat FIU, Temple, and Northern Illinois.

Well, I guess we will find out about one of those teams soon enough. Hey, I did (and still do) have serious questions about our bringing in all of this "high school help" on our coaching staff, but at this point I'm willing to sit back and give TD the season to show some improvement. We are obviously going through a season of experimentation here in Mean Green Country. Not thrilled with what I saw tonight, but not yet ready to bitch and scream too much and throw in the towel. I just hope that Dodge starts to recognize and rectify any mistakes that he has made here in his first year at this level. At zero and five, I guess that the only positive that I can turn to at this point is the upward trend in the quality of our recruits. I just hope that continues.

I'd say we are one of the best, worst teams as we consistently put up massive offensive output... last night we racked up 527 yards.... we are a top 10 passing team in the nation....excluding OU & Ark we typically score 20 or more points per game.. we set UNT and NCAA passing records..... and all of this in a brand spanking new offense (new everything including coaches) that uses players recruited for a run-base offense... the Mean Green will be a beast of a team once we get more of our spread-offense recruits, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, solve our defensive woes with new recruits and/or a new defensive coordinator.....

Edited by chrisfisher

the Mean Green will be a beast of a team once we get more of our spread-offense recruits, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, solve our defensive woes with new recruits and/or a new defensive coordinator.....

Agreed!!! ...the Defense is TERRIBLE, and changes need to start being made, like... NOW... We'd be 3 and 2 rght now with even a halfway decent defense.

Make up your mind! Worst team? No, but our D may be the worst right now.

Who else besides me expected a role reversal? I thought it would take an entire season for this system to plant itself. Yet I hoped we would remain in games with our D. Isn't that how it usually goes? I think this fanbase is just shellshocked - we can only take so much change at one time:

1. new system

2. new D (or lack of it)

3. new coach speak

4. new tailgating procedures:)

5. new beatch points

6. new unis

7. new shade of green

Seriously, I know I am blown away that this doesn't even look like the old North Texas that I have grown up with on both sides of the ball. I enjoy seeing points again. Watching porous D at any level is just as bad as watching Dickey's inability to score.

Dickey will be okay in Utah. If he continues to develop his Jamario and QB, he will have some success in the pass happy WAC, because his approach will be different. Even the Hawaii announcers last night were commenting that this was not the same USU they blew out in Logan last year. I was still living there and witnessed that hapless team. This team has fight, grit and had more success out on the islands than Hawaii or Myself expected.

With that said I am happy where we are heading. Next week's tailgate and game is about family, friends and good times. The game will be fun too but I am not expecting a win the rest of this season. The Ws will come, just not in 2007.

GMG

Is it offical yet? Are we the worst team in college football?

It's been unofficial that we're in the bottom 10% of the teams in D1A college football for the last several years, which is why 99% of the Mean Green nation favored firing DD and hiring TD.

Here's hoping TD can get a few Ws this season so none of our pollyannas get crushed by the falling sky.

Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.

The reality is that watching NT football the last several years has sucked. Now, we've got some excitement, and we have been in positions to win games three times this year. I remain confident that the ship will ultimately be righted under TD.