N T V U L L Game Thread

UNTFan23

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i might see the err of my ways, down by nine sucks right now.... i didn't think things through i guess.

but i still like dodge showing ocnfidence in his guys early

I know what you saying in reference to Dodge showing confidence, but Dodge needs to get that "chart" on when it is time to go for 2 and when it is not.

I am really excited about the offense. I see no reason why Vizza won't finish out the season.

He will.

Our defense is embarrassing. One thing you could almost always count on with NT was a good defense. What if the world has happened on that side of the ball?

Great Question. I have little confidence right now that our offense will get another shot with this defense.

The key is to not even look at the chart until the 4th quarter. Just keep kicking extra points until them.

i guess that is my original point, go with your gut in the beginning sometimes. If you jsut kick till the fourth then all you do is go by the chart. How different would this game look if we had gone for two and made it?

REVISED EARLY SUNDAY MORNING WHLE DRINKING THROUGH A POT OF COFFEE...

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE GREAT SANTA CLAUSE (and a thought-provoking"?" PS at the bottom of this page).

Dear Santa:

The Sun Belt Conference has truly passed us by in MG Country, Mr. Clause, and its even more obvious tonight after watching our game versus those Ragin' Cajuns of U of L on DFW's TV21 (you do have satellite up there at the North Pole, right)?:) We have some of our best elect, ie, best Mean Green fans who are dreaming that this "D" can somehow become the SBC version of the Monsters of the Midway, but based on what? Statistics from the last 2 losing seasons were decent but the main stat was that we still only had 5 wins during that time.

Santa, based on some SBC OOC wins this season and even close games played by our SBC football programs against a few higher profile programs tells most of us that the Sun Belt Conference is a much better league this Fall than it was in 2005 and 2006--in fact, dramatically so it seems; unfortunately, it's better and we (UNT) are just about the same (deferring to 5 wins the last 2 seasons, Mr. Clause).

Fact remains, our recruiting from the past 4 years prior to the "late December" hiring of Todd Dodge has us a bit strapped for the time being. So you, Santa, might even ask about our "new" HFC Todd Dodge's recruiting? Well............just last night on our TV game, one of the TV commentators said Coach Dodge only had "17" days to recruit once we hired him late last December; you know, there are those dead periods post-December of which the NCAA stipulates "no recruiting?" So in essence, Coach Dodge's first real recruiting class will be the upcoming one and with all this early signings results thus far suggests a pretty good recruiting haul this Winter.

DEE-FENCE! DEE-FENCE! DEE-FENCE! What about our Mean Green "D's" talent level (across the board) that has so changed over 1 year (removed from our prior coach's tenureship) that Vince Lombardy (himself, if alive) would have probably not even been able to dramatically change in his first Spring Football practice sessions and into this Fall's camp?

We have 3-4 (prior to TDodge's hire) recruiting classes that highly suggest that we just haven't been getting a large volume of good players. Yes, we have some fine talent, but at the NCAA D1-A level, you just have to have a whole bunch of em'. Big losses to Tulsa and La Tech 2 years ago suggests we were way, way, way behind the level of non-BCS school's recruiting that we thought we were (at least) on an even par.

Everyone in the SBC seems to have improved their own recruiting the last 4 years except us at UNT. Proof in th pudding with that? There are SBC member wins over a Top 25 school or 2 and this year even a Big 10 school. Haven't heard a final score this AM, but even our "sexiest" of SBC schools, the MUTS, were close to an upset just last night over a high profile school. PLEASE HEAR US OUT, SANTA............. We didn't have any of those kind of wins even during 4 bowl years, Mr. C. So who's been zooming who with what we had during all that time?

So Santa, granted, presently, we do have some good players in Denton who will develop and become key contributors to the future of MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL, BUT THEY, TOO, NEED SOME OTHERS WHO CAN HELP THEM WIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE (sorry, ddn't mean to get so loud, but here is what myself and other NT Exes/NT Students and Mean Green fans are asking for a post-2007 Christmas present (since national signing day is in February, 2008)............

...................PLEEEEZZZZZZZ, send us some defensive stoppers this recruiting season (maybe even a few JUCO's could facilitate all this, Santa). And for us to get all this (and a bag of chips)? Here's what we will do: We'll all be good little UNT alums, UNT students and Mean Green fans until Christmas Day (only 2 1/2 months away as you'd certainly know, Santa).

Hope Mrs. Clause is doing well and.....................thanks in advance....

An NT Ex, Mean Green fan & Believer of What Todd Dodge Will Eventually Deliver in Denton (but not over-night),

PlummMeanGreen

PS: Thanks for one of our special gifts from last Christmas, Santa; that is, true frosh' QB Giovanni Vizza. You know, Mr. Clause, the Dallas Cowboys only had 1 win in Jimmy Johnson's inaugural year in Dallas, but what Coach Johnson did have his own first diastrous year in Big D was a young QB (Troy Aikman) in which to begin his own building program. So at North Texas, we now have QB Vizza in which we can start our own and for that--we can all be thankful.

SEE YALL AT FOUTS FIELD THIS SATURDAY NIGHT!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen