Good News For U N T

MeanGreen61

October 04, 2007

Good news for UNT

Good news has been hard to come by for North Texas this season, but the Mean Green appears as if it will get a nice break in its game against Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday.

UNT will enter the game pretty much healthy. ULL will not.

Preseason All-Sun Belt Conference tackle Jesse Newman is out with a sprained ankle and is just one of several offensive linemen who is struggling with injuries for ULL. Dan McDonald, a friend who covers the Ragin' Cajuns, dropped me a note that said tackle Kyle Pirtle left practice Wednesday with what appeared to be a knee injury. Three other ULL linemen are also battling various injuries and are less than 100 percent.

ULL depends on its offensive line to get its running game that ranks ninth nationally with an average of 238 yards a game going. UNT might be able to take advantage of ULL's misfortune this weekend.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

The good news for UNT is that other schools suck and their girls aren't pretty enough. Please, Lord, let the football team play at a level befitting our great institution.

I always give the Cajuns a bit of a break because one year A&M got in a hornet's nest over there and lost. I wish I had been there and wearing red becuase it looked like it was going to be one awesome party. Regardless, the Mean Green need to put the past behind them and wallop these suckers.

The good news for UNT is that other schools suck and their girls aren't pretty enough. Please, Lord, let the football team play at a level befitting our great institution.

I always give the Cajuns a bit of a break because one year A&M got in a hornet's nest over there and lost. I wish I had been there and wearing red becuase it looked like it was going to be one awesome party. Regardless, the Mean Green need to put the past behind them and wallop these suckers.

Jambalaya crawfish pie, fillet gumbo!

LET'S FILLET THEM ALL AND MAKE GUMBO OUT OF THE RAJUN'CAJUNS!

THE LATE, GREAT CAJUN COOK/HUMORIST JUSTIN WILSON, A LOUISIANA MEAN GREEN FAN SAYS:

" I 'GAI-RON-TEE A MEAN GREEN WIN!" :rolleyes::whistling1:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Wow. Our good news has been reduced to excitement over our opponents' injuries.... I wish the injured ULL young men the best... I never hope to win because the competition is hobbled...

Edited by chrisfisher

Totally agree. Good news for UNT: every other team in 1A has been disqualified for paying players, steroids, etc. which means UNT wins the national title! What a great victory.

Oh, this is pathetic! Now I know we have sunk to new lows! :(

I clicked on the Vito Blog link thinking we have just got a commitment from a 4* or 5* recruit or something...or maybe that he was announcing the private funding of the new football stadium...

So, that's how it is going to be, huh???

Gonna be a long season folks...

Amen! Not sure we gain anything beating 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Hmm, let's see. Our only senior on the offensive line is out and you're expecting a win becuase a 2nd stringer replaces him? From the Cajun POV on that there are at least two things wrong with your line of thinking.

First, our OL Coach constantly subs players in and out. Newman probably eats the most minutes on the line, but the backups are just as capable.

Second, and perhaps more important - Tyrell Fenroy will be playing. Neither Fenroy nor Desormeaux necessarily need a hole to run through.

Between the two I'd imagine that we'd have 250 yrds in rushing when all is said and done.

Hmm, let's see. Our only senior on the offensive line is out and you're expecting a win becuase a 2nd stringer replaces him? From the Cajun POV on that there are at least two things wrong with your line of thinking.

DG was speaking hypothetically about the 'jubilation' over the injury report. He didn't say he was expecting a win.

Second, and perhaps more important - Tyrell Fenroy will be playing. Neither Fenroy nor Desormeaux necessarily need a hole to run through.

Between the two I'd imagine that we'd have 250 yrds in rushing when all is said and done.

Good luck to 'em--next week. I hope they need the whirlpool bad when the game is over.

AI--EEEEEEE!!!!

First, our OL Coach constantly subs players in and out. Newman probably eats the most minutes on the line, but the backups are just as capable.

Not us, just the beat writer that covers the team.

Good luck in trying to get that first win over North Texas at Cajun Field since '81. Wished I could make the trip. First time I won't be there since '00. Best road trip in the Belt.

Rick