How Does Tailgating At Unt Work?

SLCoutsider

1. Are there "official" tailgate tents / parties that are open to the general public?
  2. If I park on campus and carry my own beer, snacks, and chairs, is there a cool place I can hang out during the pre-game?
  3. If I do number 2, is there a place I can leave my stuff during the game? Or do I need to take it back to my car before entering the stadium?

I know, these are really stupic questions. Basically, I need the "Idiot's Guide to UNT Tailgating" for someone who isn't a Mean Green Club member and can't park in the Green, Blue, or Orange lots.

1. Are there "official" tailgate tents / parties that are open to the general public?
  2. If I park on campus and carry my own beer, snacks, and chairs, is there a cool place I can hang out during the pre-game?
  3. If I do number 2, is there a place I can leave my stuff during the game? Or do I need to take it back to my car before entering the stadium?
I know, these are really stupic questions. Basically, I need the "Idiot's Guide to UNT Tailgating" for someone who isn't a Mean Green Club member and can't park in the Green, Blue, or Orange lots.

Please, I beg all of you, please dont post that silly video of UNT instructions on Tailgating. It's embaressing.

The old practice football field between the Orange lot and Fouts has many public tents selling food, shirts, etc, kids-zone and a band. This is where the team walks thru 2 hours before kickoff. The Blue lot, but other lots too, will have many private tents and tailgates but most are very welcoming of others and I'm sure one will offer you grub and to store your stuff.

You can park in the Orange Lot for $10. I was there at the first home game in the orange lot it was my first time tailgating at a UNT game. It was fun we played some poker and cooked some fajitas. I couldn't find my converter so I couldn't watch TV. I think it was untcampbell that came over and talked to us about playing poker and then another guy with a mega phone (don't be offended because I don't know who you are) just walked by and said something but I don't remember. I had fun tailgating for the first time at a UNT game. :ph34r:

Even with the bathroom renovations at Fouts this year, I would try to squeeze one out before leaving home.

Thanks, this really made my day. One of the all-time great replies! :lol:

I also appreciate the other replies. I'll try to get setup in the Orange lot for ULM. And I'll make sure to take care of other business before entering the stadium.

Guest 97and03

Thanks, this really made my day. One of the all-time great replies! :lol:

I also appreciate the other replies. I'll try to get setup in the Orange lot for ULM. And I'll make sure to take care of other business before entering the stadium.

But seriously. Do so. Doo doo + Fouts = :(

That's a keeper! I bet we see that in somneone's signature shortly. :D

I know we already had this discussion about your personal website you list in your signature, but that is AWESOME!!! It made my list for sites to visit. Keep up the good work and that is a fantastic way of summarizing information about the team. I also like how you have the little redshirts next to the redshirted players. GREAT JOB!

I know we already had this discussion about your personal website you list in your signature, but that is AWESOME!!! It made my list for sites to visit. Keep up the good work and that is a fantastic way of summarizing information about the team. I also like how you have the little redshirts next to the redshirted players. GREAT JOB!

Thanks for the kind words. It is apprecaited. :)