If Vizza Starts...

mad dog

Pure Hypothetical:

Let's say Vizza starts the next two games and puts up Meager-like numbers in two losing efforts. In that situation, what is your feeling on Vizza, Meager, Todd Dodge, and the offense? And, of course, why?

::EDIT::

Meager Numbers:

27/42, 270 yards, 1 TD 2 INT per game.

Pure Hypothetical:

Let's say Vizza starts the next two games and puts up Meager-like numbers in two losing efforts. In that situation, what is your feeling on Vizza, Meager, Todd Dodge, and the offense? And, of course, why?

The I can more confidently sit back and say this season is what it is, a rebuilding and retooling effort and I'm glad that our true freshman is already on par with a fourth year junior, despite what type of offense he played in previously. I would much rather go 0-12 or 1-11 with a true freshman at the helm who than a veteran.

Add to that, for all of Danny Meager's faults, I have seen nothing to lead me to believe that he is anything but the ultimate teammate...and he would assume the back-up role if he felt it was best for the team and the program and be nothing but supportive to Vizza...and, atleast against SMU and FAU, he has shown he can adequatly run the offense for stretches...so I am very confident with him as a backup. I just don't feel he has IT.

The I can more confidently sit back and say this season is what it is, a rebuilding and retooling effort and I'm glad that our true freshman is already on par with a fourth year junior, despite what type of offense he played in previously. I would much rather go 0-12 or 1-11 with a true freshman at the helm who than a veteran.

Add to that, for all of Danny Meager's faults, I have seen nothing to lead me to believe that he is anything but the ultimate teammate...and he would assume the back-up role if he felt it was best for the team and the program and be nothing but supportive to Vizza...and, atleast against SMU and FAU, he has shown he can adequatly run the offense for stretches...so I am very confident with him as a backup. I just don't feel he has IT.

So kinda like what Bill Parcells said about Drew Bledsoe? Something like "if I'm going to have a guy out there making rookie mistakes, it might as well be the rookie?" Is that what you're saying? I just want to make sure I'm reading you right.

So kinda like what Bill Parcells said about Drew Bledsoe? Something like "if I'm going to have a guy out there making rookie mistakes, it might as well be the rookie?" Is that what you're saying? I just want to make sure I'm reading you right.

Essentially, yes...and to see exactly what we have in Vizza...if he's the player we think he is...and if he's good enough to fend off the coaches son for 2-3 seasons.

Essentially, yes...and to see exactly what we have in Vizza...if he's the player we think he is...and if he's good enough to fend off the coaches son for 2-3 seasons.

That is EXACTLY the way I feel. We have given Meager 4 games to lead this team, and he is proving that he can not do it. I am sure he is great guy, but so was DD in person. Vizza just seems to have the "IT" factor, and I would much much rather watch Vizza and see what he can do and lead this team, and as a fan have some confidence in the QB and go 1 -11, or 2 - 12 or heck even 0 - 12 with Vizza than I would with Meager.

But, as you mentioned illuvius, this is purely a Hypothetical situation, because listening to Dodge (unless he is changing his stance) he is very content with Meager as the starter of this program for this season.

Pure Hypothetical:

::EDIT::

Meager Numbers:

27/42, 270 yards, 1 TD 2 INT per game.

To make everything equal, lets compare only the games they both played in for a fair and unbiased comparison.

DM:

11/21, 90 yards, 0 TD 1 INT per game

GV:

6/19, 121 yards, 1 TD 2 INT per game

Those were to match your numbers. Now for some extra.

DM:

9 car. -5 yards, 0 rush TD, 4 sacks per game, 8.14 yds per completion, 52.3 completion %

GV:

7 car. 11 yards, 1 rush TD, 1 sack per game, 20.17 yds per completion, 32.4 completion %

It would appear that the only thing Meager has shown he is better at than GV is keeping his completion percentage up by throwing short, high percentage passes. FAU and SMU numbers are invalid as it is entirely possible that GV could've torched those teams just as bad as DM did.

Note: .5s have been rounded up to whole #s

Edited by Cr1028

Vizza has not had the opportunity to throw the bubble screens and all the short stuff because none of it was available against OU and Arkansas. All of Vizza's throws have been throwing the ball down the field, he has not had the opportunity to throw all the high percentage passes because of the press coverage that OU and Ark. threw at us. WR's could not get any separation from the DB's regardless of 1st or 2nd teamers against either OU or Ark.

To make everything equal, lets compare only the games they both played in for a fair and unbiased comparison.

DM:

11/21, 90 yards, 0 TD 1 INT per game

GV:

6/19, 121 yards, 1 TD 2 INT per game

Those were to match your numbers. Now for some extra.

DM:

9 car. -5 yards, 0 rush TD, 4 sacks per game, 8.14 yds per completion, 52.3 completion %

GV:

7 car. 11 yards, 1 rush TD, 1 sack per game, 20.17 yds per completion, 32.4 completion %

It would appear that the only thing Meager has shown he is better at than GV is keeping his completion percentage up by throwing short, high percentage passes. FAU and SMU numbers are invalid as it is entirely possible that GV could've torched those teams just as bad as DM did.

Note: .5s have been rounded up to whole #s

I think you missed the point of my post. Maybe you were looking at another thread when you were posting. My question was, what do you do if Vizza were to throw the numbers I stated in the next two games, and loses both games. What would your opinion of Vizza, TD, and the offense be?

This is not a Meager/Vizza comparison. I just want to hear thoughts on that hypothetical.