Unt Vs. Arkansas

chrisfisher

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It HAS to be. The difference in the offense is staggering. Arkansas still has some starters in on D, and even their 2nd team is better than anything in the belt -- suddenly, Vizza comes in, and the offensive line is blocking well!!! Gasp! WRs are catching balls downfield!! We are driving -- we get into good FG position and score a TD! Conicidence? Even the staunchest Meager supporter couldn't say so.

We should have seen the last of Dan Meager at Qb barring injury. Period. Quoting Dennis Green, he's exactly who we thought he was. Time for the new era.

That being said, it really doesn't matter if we lined Jesus up at QB. Our defense can't stop a gang of drunk 5 year olds.

Man we are thinking on the same page tonight. See Vizza gets rid of the ball in the time that it is supposed to be thrown. I am not sure if the OL is blocking any better for Vizza - I think it is just that Vizza gets rid of the ball faster. I felt like we moved the ball a LOT better in the 2nd half of the OU game, but everyone's argument was that he did it against the reserves, so it wasn't a good comparison.

I honestly think that going by a feeling at this point might not be such a bad thing. If someone makes us the fans feel like we are doing better imagine how actually scoring and moving the ball on an SEC defense is affecting the players!

If the only thing that we have going for us is a feeling, then lets ride that feeling!!!

Man we are thinking on the same page tonight. See Vizza gets rid of the ball in the time that it is supposed to be thrown. I am not sure if the OL is blocking any better for Vizza - I think it is just that Vizza gets rid of the ball faster. I felt like we moved the ball a LOT better in the 2nd half of the OU game, but everyone's argument was that he did it against the reserves, so it wasn't a good comparison.

The difference is that Meager scrambles with weird backward or wide out runs, which makes blocking impossible for the OL b/c they have no idea where Meager is. With Vizza he stays in the pocket or runs forward when under pressure.... BINGO.... our OL suddenly looks better with Vizza.....

Edited by chrisfisher

On a side note, do you think ND wish they could have a re-do and have kept Ty Willingham instead of Charlie Wiess?

Meager comes back in....You know, with Meager and our defense the way it is, I may have to re-adjust my 5 win prediction for this team - we may only win 1 or 2.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Meagor again ? I think there is only one possible explanation for this. TD is trying to see if Meagor can get it done against the 2nd team defense.

It certrainly is not starting off well for him.

Once Vizza starts a game, the QB carousel will stop.

Edited by akriesman