Planning possible vacation to Texas

Before you laugh at my vacation plans to visit your backyard, please keep in mind that I haven't been to campus in 8 years and my wife and I are looking for a warmer climate for the holidays (calling for 7 inches of snow tonight in Bowling Green). We would take 60s or even 50s weather and Denton is only about 11 hours.

My questions are:

Is the Fort Worth Zoo worth visiting. I think my 2 year old son would love it? I visited once about 10 years ago. Is it still first rate?

Where is the very best place to stay in Denton and Best Tex-Mex restaurant?

We also plan on attending the A&M Commerce game and stocking up on NT paraphanalia.

Any and all info is welcome. Eight years is a long time so I am no longer that familiar with DFW and Denton.

blink.gif

Is the Fort Worth Zoo worth visiting. I think my 2 year old son would love it? I visited once about 10 years ago. Is it still first rate?

While I haven't been to the zoo recently, they've done some major renovating, using a safari theme. Now is the time to go anyways. The animals are more active (those that can live in a more cool/colder climate) since it's colder. Lately, they've been doing x-mas decorations during the holiday season. I still think it's first rate.

Edited 'cause I can't spell.

The Fort Worth Zoo is FIRST RATE. It is still listed as a top 10 Zoo in the Country.

Mi Casita is good, but I think it is on Fort Worth Drive just past I35 E if I am thinking of the same place.

Look at Voertman's for the North Texas Stuff. They are working with the Athletic Office on the clothing. However, I still would stop by the Union just to compare.

Try the Radison Hotel # is 940-565-8499. That is the one on the golf course.

Holiday Inn 1500 Dallas Drive 940-387-3511.

La Qunita 700 Ft. Worth Drive 940-387-5840.

or nationwide 800-531-5900.

Super 8 Motel 620 I35 East 940-380-8888 this is a new motel maybe a year old. Same side of interstate as The University.

Wildwood Inn 2602 Lillian Miller Pkwy 940- 243-4919. This is a new Bed and Breakfast.

Ramada Inn820 S I35E 940-387-0591.

Royal Hotel Suites 1210 N I35 940-383-2007.

Hope this helps. There are some other hotels in the book. Email me if you want some of the others.

The Fort Worth zoo is great. I'm just glad I have a new son and a reason to go now. I don't know much about Tex-Mex in Denton anymore, but Joe T's in Fort Worth, while your at the zoo, is a traditional favorite. I would also recommend the Texican, because their owner, Wade Hampton, is a UNT alumni and a supporter of UNT athletics. You must also have a burger at Denton County Hamburger on the south side of the square.

Welcome back to God's country.