I Say That We Win This Week

stebo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't rule us out completely if Mendoza's crew decides to make a showing. Hell, I doubt it'll happen, but I wish we would go back to giving the 3/4 a try. Seems that we need as many bodies as possible back off the line of scrimmage to slow down some of these big plays we've been giving up. We do still have good depth at LB.

Wouldn't rule us out completely if Mendoza's crew decides to make a showing. Hell, I doubt it'll happen, but I wish we would go back to giving the 3/4 a try. Seems that we need as many bodies as possible back off the line of scrimmage to slow down some of these big plays we've been giving up. We do still have good depth at LB.

Our best chances this week are to stack the line and force Casey Dick to beat us in the passing game. The guy simply can't pass. Now his brother is a different breed than Casey, but I don't think he will get in.

Our best chances this week are to stack the line and force Casey Dick to beat us in the passing game. The guy simply can't pass. Now his brother is a different breed than Casey, but I don't think he will get in.

My dad was saying that the younger brother was a much better passer than Casey is. Isn't there quite a push to put (Nathan?) Dick into the lineup by the Hog fans? I thought I read that he was a very highly regarded recruit.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that we will win this week. I think that Dodge is a fierce competitor and will have the team firing on all cylinders this weekend. Add a new QB to the game and I think that our missing ingredient is a true field general, a true leader - that "Scott Hall" type of guy... the one that can make anything happen. Vizza is going to be that guy. We are going to win this one. Look for North Texas to get a huge upset this weekend.

Is that gut feeliing pre or post 1996???

My dad was saying that the younger brother was a much better passer than Casey is. Isn't there quite a push to put (Nathan?) Dick into the lineup by the Hog fans? I thought I read that he was a very highly regarded recruit.

Nathan originally committed to Rice, but when Graham left to go to Tulsa, he decided to be a Hog. Right now the only push that is going on by the Hog fans is to get rid of Nutt. They have pretty much given up on pushing anyone to be QB since Casey was put in there despite Mustain going 8 - 0 as a starter last year. Just as well I guess, at least now Mustain will get some good coaching out at USC.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that we will win this week. I think that Dodge is a fierce competitor and will have the team firing on all cylinders this weekend. Add a new QB to the game and I think that our missing ingredient is a true field general, a true leader - that "Scott Hall" type of guy... the one that can make anything happen. Vizza is going to be that guy. We are going to win this one. Look for North Texas to get a huge upset this weekend.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not take offense to this...but please do tell me what you are smoking as I could really use some! :lol::w00t:

I love my Mean Green...but we are going to get killed on Saturday. But, I still support the coaches and team, even if they do get slaughtered something fierce.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not take offense to this...but please do tell me what you are smoking as I could really use some! :lol::w00t:

I love my Mean Green...but we are going to get killed on Saturday. But, I still support the coaches and team, even if they do get slaughtered something fierce.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Hey, there are some Hog fans that actually do think they will lose one of the next two games they play. They play us and UT Chattanooga I think. You never know....

Dang you for beating me to the punch.

I agree....and so does NCAA 08 for the record.

I wish I could get on board with this happy-day gut feeling... ...but I can't.

...is a win IMPOSSIBLE? Heck no, that's why we play the game. ...it is even sorta, kinda, maybe when the stars align pefectly likely? Not with this team - not this year.

I'm not taking a shot at ANYONE here, but I just don't see it happening. ...and if I have to eat crow, I'll be a happy man.

...the positive thing I'm willing to say here though is this - we get the QB mistakes down a little and continue to see improvement from the D, we COULD be in the hunt for the Conf. title yet. Everyweek there has been improvement - not enough yet - but improvement none the less. ...if this trend continues, we'll be alright. :)

I'm not taking a shot at ANYONE here, but I just don't see it happening. ...and if I have to eat crow, I'll be a happy man.

I am sure there are those on this board who would love to arrange a little catered Crow Roast with plenty of witnesses.

Which one looked better?

These were the only games I saw either of them play. Casey's team scored more points. But Nathan was knocked out of the game in the 1st half. So I couldn't really say who looked better....

Casey Dick - 2004

5A - Div 2 Area (2nd round)

Southlake Carroll 52 Allen 14

Nathan Dick - 2006

5A - Div 1 Semi-Finals (5th round)

Southlake Carroll 38 Allen 0

Southlake's offense got all the publicity, but they also had great defense under Mendoza.

No I think he's right in that Felix Jones is a top 10 back AND that the drop off between he and McFadden is that great. McFadden is on another plane from the rest of the backs in the country.

You guys are definitely entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree! Felix Jones would be a Heisman candidate at just about any other program in the country. He's just overshadowed by McFadden.

You guys are definitely entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree! Felix Jones would be a Heisman candidate at just about any other program in the country. He's just overshadowed by McFadden.

I totally agree with the statement about Felix Jones probably being a Heisman candidate at just about any other program in the country, BUT he is overshadowed by McFadden for a reason...

Guest Aquila_Viridis

What in the world have you seen this season that makes you think there will be an upset? The performances these first three games have been miserable and terribly disappointing. You'd think this was the first year North Texas ever played football. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. I'm kind of done with the rah rahs for now. It's time for some tough love. What are they thinking? 'It's OK to suck'? Unless an entirely different team shows up, you can expect a mauling.

Its great that you have that feeling Stebo...hell I wish I did. But maybe I am just too scared to have that feeling...I am scared for the huge disappointment of us losing by when I had a feeling we would win. I think after this week it wont be crazy to think that the rest of NT games will be winnable. The Navy game will be tough but I think NT will be fired up for a game like that at Fouts. So my prediction will not be a NT win but I going to say that it will be something like Arkansas 45 NT 21 or something like that.