I Say That We Win This Week

stebo

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that we will win this week. I think that Dodge is a fierce competitor and will have the team firing on all cylinders this weekend. Add a new QB to the game and I think that our missing ingredient is a true field general, a true leader - that "Scott Hall" type of guy... the one that can make anything happen. Vizza is going to be that guy. We are going to win this one. Look for North Texas to get a huge upset this weekend.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that we will win this week. I think that Dodge is a fierce competitor and will have the team firing on all cylinders this weekend. Add a new QB to the game and I think that our missing ingredient is a true field general, a true leader - that "Scott Hall" type of guy... the one that can make anything happen. Vizza is going to be that guy. We are going to win this one. Look for North Texas to get a huge upset this weekend.

Don't count on that. Arkansas will be hungry to get back on track after 2 straight losses. Oh yea and they have Darren McFadden.

Are you smoking the reefer?

Even though I strongly agree about Vissa, I can not see TD starting Vissa against the Hogs, maybe a second half start but that would probably be too late. I would think the earliest we would see a Vissa start is against Louisiana-Lafayette.

Having said that, if Vissa does start against the Hogs he would be our best chance for an upset. Maybe I am smoking the reefer also.

You know, I always hope for the upset!

A win is improbable but NOT impossible. Arkansas is deep in athletes but they are not superhuman, like OU. McFadden is a great back but he can be defensed to reduce his production. We could put together an errorless game; if we did, we would be a challenge for the Hogs. Hell, we could even get a few lucky bounces for a change!

I believe that UNT under TD will shock the world some Saturday ala Appalachian State. It is not "if" but "when". If not this season, next. But I believe it will happen...it will. If Stebo's gut tells him it could be this weekend I wouldn't discount it.

Don't be shocked if he doesn't play a whole lot. He sat out practice today with a knee strain.

Yea there is one problem though. His backup, and I use that term loosely, Felix Jones is just as good!

Sort of like Chris Brown going down and Allen Patrick hurt. We've seen what DeMarco Murray has done since week 1.

Edited by SouthBendGreen

Like I said, I don't know why - but I just have a feeling about this game. I didn't have any type of expectation for OU, SMU, or even FAU. I don't feel good about Troy and I fear that Western Kentucky and FIU will be battles as well. BUT, I think that Arkansas will totally overlook us. If this game was in Little Rock, I would feel worse about it - because the piggies really seem to get up for those Little Rock games. Our fans are not expecting a thing, Dodge has a chip on his shoulder, and we now have a chance at playing our future QB. I think that the ball will bounce our way and we will squeak out an upset. I just have a feeling about it. If I am wrong, no big deal - but I rarely think that we will win a game like this.... and yet, playing loose with nothing to lose might be JUST the thing that this team and this coach need in order to start winning. This weekend could be the start of great things. Imagine the confidence they would walk out of there with. It could catapult us back into a bowl game this year. This could be the biggest game of the year for the Mean Green - and nobody is really even talking about it.

Like I said, I don't know why - but I just have a feeling about this game. I didn't have any type of expectation for OU, SMU, or even FAU. I don't feel good about Troy and I fear that Western Kentucky and FIU will be battles as well. BUT, I think that Arkansas will totally overlook us. If this game was in Little Rock, I would feel worse about it - because the piggies really seem to get up for those Little Rock games. Our fans are not expecting a thing, Dodge has a chip on his shoulder, and we now have a chance at playing our future QB. I think that the ball will bounce our way and we will squeak out an upset. I just have a feeling about it. If I am wrong, no big deal - but I rarely think that we will win a game like this.... and yet, playing loose with nothing to lose might be JUST the thing that this team and this coach need in order to start winning. This weekend could be the start of great things. Imagine the confidence they would walk out of there with. It could catapult us back into a bowl game this year. This could be the biggest game of the year for the Mean Green - and nobody is really even talking about it.

I had/have that feeling too. I don’t know why. Perhaps it’s just that we are long overdue for an upset and this is one of those games where they could easily overlook us. In any event, we would have to put together a perfect game – no mistakes and we would have to have some lucky bounces but it could happen.

Yea there is one problem though. His backup, and I use that term loosely, Felix Jones is just as good!

Sort of like Chris Brown going down and Allen Patrick hurt. We've seen what DeMarco Murray has done since week 1.

Not true. Jones is a great back, but not on the same level as McFadden. Not taking anything away from Felix Jones because i believe he is a top 10 running back in this country, but McFadden is by far the best.

Not true. Jones is a great back, but not on the same level as McFadden. Not taking anything away from Felix Jones because i believe he is a top 10 running back in this country, but McFadden is by far the best.

If you believe that Felix Jones is a top 10 back the drop-off from McFadden to him can't be too great right? That's what I meant. I agree McFadden is better, but Jones can be just as dangerous. I would not agree that he is by far the better of the two.

I actually agree with Stebo, I think Arkansas is winnable and with Vizza as the QB we will get to see the REAL MEAN GREEN on the field, this Saturday..... UNT is still learning, the coaches are still learning, and our Future QB, Giovanni will lead our team to the prosperity we are used to in the Sun Belt.....

Go Vizza, Go Dodge, GO MEAN GREEN

If you believe that Felix Jones is a top 10 back the drop-off from McFadden to him can't be too great right? That's what I meant. I agree McFadden is better, but Jones can be just as dangerous. I would not agree that he is by far the better of the two.

No I think he's right in that Felix Jones is a top 10 back AND that the drop off between he and McFadden is that great. McFadden is on another plane from the rest of the backs in the country.

No I think he's right in that Felix Jones is a top 10 back AND that the drop off between he and McFadden is that great. McFadden is on another plane from the rest of the backs in the country.

Agree with you.

McFadden is the best back in the country, period. Him being out Saturday would be huge, IMO. Arkansas' pass defense is about as bad as ours and their QB play is pretty bad as well. Is it a winnable game? Sure, all games are winnable. I just don't see NT going into Fayettville and pulling an upset.

That Green kool-Aid must be damn good to help everyone forget the losses to SMU & FAU!!! :lol:

Edited by Got5onIt

Upsets usually happen within scenarios where the overwhelming sentiment is that there is no way the underdog can compete for an entire game. If we get up on them early and hang around into the fourth quarter, it could happen. Our team is still improving week-to-week and hasn't put four good quarters together yet. Some weekend they will do that...maybe this weekend.

If Stebo's gut is telling him we will win... I trust his gut... One time when we worked together, he had a gut feeling we should go to a buffet for lunch and we did....

GREATEST IDEA EVER!

:ph34r::D

Were there dancing ladies at that buffet?

man..... we aint winning nothing this week except the "Most Turnovers award"

I doubt we score more than 21 points on this Arkansas team. They're struggling just as much as we are and this game will be a confidence booster for the razorbacks. We might even see some things from Arkansas that the others schools they have played did not. The game will be nothing more than a practice fo the razorbacks. Vizza wont even come in until the 3rd quarter and by then, the game will pretty much be over. Instead of hoping that vizza comes in we should hope the team has the same type of offensive day they had against SMU and the same type of defensive day they had against FAU(1st 3 quarters).

56-21.

IF WE UPSET ANYBODY, IT WILL BE NAVY

Oh yea and they have Darren McFadden.

Forget about McFadden for a moment...even if they just had Felix Jones we'd be in for a long night. Has anyone else seen this kid run? He's one of those guys that gets up to top speed from almost the first step. It's scary to watch him.

I watched some clips of the Kentucky game, and he simply ran past guys that had good pursuit angles on him. Just ran past them. It was like watching a cheetah and the zebra was the goal line - the closer the goal line got, the faster he ran. Anything else in the picture, he just ran past it.

Jones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trj_RV51xQg...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_8OLufobMc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ7aua6VOjc...ted&search=

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

man..... we aint winning nothing this week except the "Most Turnovers award"

I doubt we score more than 21 points on this Arkansas team. They're struggling just as much as we are and this game will be a confidence booster for the razorbacks. We might even see some things from Arkansas that the others schools they have played did not. The game will be nothing more than a practice fo the razorbacks. Vizza wont even come in until the 3rd quarter and by then, the game will pretty much be over. Instead of hoping that vizza comes in we should hope the team has the same type of offensive day they had against SMU and the same type of defensive day they had against FAU(1st 3 quarters).

56-21.

IF WE UPSET ANYBODY, IT WILL BE NAVY

too easy.... I will just let someone else pounce on this guy....