Update Me

marc_moffitt

Alright...I've been away form the board for a while,

What I want to know is ....

1. How are we going to do in Conference this year?

2. Who is working hard in practice?

3. Who are the likely starters?

Thanks

Hi mark - it appears we had a very good recruiting season. We signed several ranked players with 1 or 2 from Louisiana. A ton of new faces on the team. Harold Edwards and Michael Sturns both transferred out, and of course Watson and Kendrick were seniors. I think Quincy and Wooden will rule the Sun Belt (and hopefully our OOC games) with a iron fist.

I expect our starters to be

Ben Bell - Point Guard

Collin Dennis - Shooting Guard

Harold Stewert - Swing

Quincy Williams - Power Forward

Keith Wooden - Power Forward/Center

Dez Willingham will probably spell Ben at Point(and White too later on if he doesn't red shirt). Mangrum and McCoy will sub for Dennis. Howerton for the big guys. Tristan Thompson for Dennis/Stewert later in the season(he's only a freshman afterall).

Note these are only guesses from someone halfway across the USA. :lol:

Alright...I've been away form the board for a while,

What I want to know is ....

1. How are we going to do in Conference this year?

2. Who is working hard in practice?

3. Who are the likely starters?

Thanks

1. The SBC West looks very winnable...UL-Monroe returns almost everyone from last season with a couple of impact additions and will be a tough win and I think will be our only significant threat in the West. The East is loaded though. Please refer to the wonderful team previews :whistling1: provided by one of our board members for a detailed analasys of most of the Belt...the others should be up soon.

2. Don't get to see practice, though I've heard Collin Mangrum has added an inch and ten pounds of muscle.

3. PG. Ben Bell - SG. Collin Dennis - SF. Collin Mangrum or Tristan Thompson - PF. Quincey Williams - C. Keith Wooden -- Key Subs - Dez Willingham at the point, Adam McCoy at the 2,3 and Harold Stewart at the 4...probably about the same amount of time for Howerton as we saw last year.

thanks for the updates everyone.

Heres a bone to chew on a little...

Last year some of us had some concerns about Ben Bell's PPG average. Some said he wasnt recruited to score, some said he just isnt scoring.

What do we think his role is this year? Will he be a replacement to KD and Calvin? or will it end up being "just get it to KWood or Quincy"?

Last year some of us had some concerns about Ben Bell's PPG average. Some said he wasnt recruited to score, some said he just isnt scoring.

What do we think his role is this year? Will he be a replacement to KD and Calvin? or will it end up being "just get it to KWood or Quincy"?

Your KD replacement is Collin Dennis...Calvin's scoring will be by committee unless Tristan Thompson is as good as Cooley predicts he will be. I think Bell will look for more buckets...he was great in the SBC tourney and late against Memphis until he fouled out. He wasn't a high assist guy...but looked to get others involved ahead of his own scoring numbers. Here's how I think the scoring will break down:

12-15ppg from Dennis, Williams and Wooden

9-12ppg from Willingham and Bell

5-9ppg from Stewart, Thompson, McCoy and Mangrum

Less than 5 from White, Hodges and Howerton

We also picked up a highly regarded recruit named Josh White. Everything around here thinks he will redshirt.... but supposedly this somewhat small man can REALLY PLAY.... here is an excerpt from his meangreensports bio, "Named the 10th-best player in the state of Louisiana by Rivals.com ... Led Christian Life Academy to back-to-back 1A state titles ... Earned the state’s Most Outstanding Player award by the Louisiana Sportswriters Association as a senior ... Averaged 25.3 points, 7.0 assists and 4.0 steals per game in his final year." I really look forward to seeing this young man play!