Vs. Long Beach State

NT03

No matter how pumped we get about women's soccer....it's always the same story. They can never win a big OOC game or a NCAA playoff game.

Wake me, when they win an important game.

Basically just like the football team, no wonder the rest of the world calls Soccer Football.

No matter how pumped we get about women's soccer....it's always the same story. They can never win a big OOC game or a NCAA playoff game.

Wake me, when they win an important game.

Can't defend the result, nor this opinion.... we did not appear ready for this challenge, pure and simple. Not sure why, but we were not up to our skill level for either game. Very disappointed. I bought some duct tape to cover my mouth, better not to say than to eat crow. I'm out on any other discussion on rankings as it relates to UNT. We could have put OU away in the first 15 minutes by 2 or 3 goals. We flat lost that game. LBS dissected us, they whipped our tail from the get go. Rankings might could have overlooked that game if we had put away OU. MTSU even had a better scoreboard than we did vs Ou and LBS for the weekend, albeit not much better. :blink::ph34r:

Still believe we have good team, but we had a chance to show well and didn't again.

And to the point about not winning our chances....... Denver beat #1 Stanford 1-0 Sunday when given their chance to play with Big Girls. Wonder what the Score would have been if we had played Stanford instead of LBS?

Thanks for the reports. And, I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. I do want to see our gals succeed. But, we never seem to take it to the next level. Is it possible that we were a little full of ourselves and started believing press clippings? ("best start in school history"). Were any of those first six wins over quality teams? (I'm asking, btw........I don't know).

Once again, I'll repeat something that a lot of folks may not know: As far as I can tell....UNT has never WON an NCAA playoff game in any sport.

(Not 1-aa football; not men's or women's b-ball; not men's soccer; not women's volleyball; not women's soccer).

We have won two bowls and NCAA golf championships (but those weren't playoffs).

Thanks for the reports. And, I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. I do want to see our gals succeed. But, we never seem to take it to the next level. Is it possible that we were a little full of ourselves and started believing press clippings? ("best start in school history"). Were any of those first six wins over quality teams? (I'm asking, btw........I don't know).

Once again, I'll repeat something that a lot of folks may not know: As far as I can tell....UNT has never WON an NCAA playoff game in any sport.

(Not 1-aa football; not men's or women's b-ball; not men's soccer; not women's volleyball; not women's soccer).

We have won two bowls and NCAA golf championships (but those weren't playoffs).

Not harsh at all....harsh was what I witnessed this weekend. Speaking for soccer only, I'm not sure what the deal is with getting to next level. We are somewhere in between it seems....play better than the avg conference team, rise to the occasion on C-USA teams, appear intimidated by big conference schools or big games. I don't know if it is preparedness, or just that we seem to have bad days at the wrong time. We butchered many opportunities with poor execution this weekend. We were outshot 25-9 by LBS, but we probably butchered another 5-8 chances that could have made it appear more even or put points up. We attacked pretty good all weekend, but we just had a lot of trouble finishing. Part was the teams we played, much of it was us being sloppy at both ends. Poor road play was indicative of this team last year until conf tourney. Neither of these games nor the NW La games were solid road efforts.

We did have a quality start to the season in my opinion, vs. two good teams for sure. None this challenging except for maybe UTEP. This weekend was a test, but I don't think we showed up like we can play. We could have lost both games and come away still feeling pretty good, but I thought we failed at that. We were verey flat vs OU and still were in it. Definitely know what we can work on. We have the talent!!

What really bummed me is (compared to our results) heading into conference..... Denver beat #1 Stanford, Fla Atl tied Florida 0-0 on Friday, MUTS showed better than we did at same tourney...some momentum for the competition while we are possibly questioning our readiness. We are also now physically a bit banged up from the weekend, several players. Whatever psychological advantage the 6-0 record had on the competition, it was evened out this weekend. We should be superior to the next few teams, so it will be interesting to see if the hangover is short lived or if it will linger. Fla Atl on the road is going to be a tough one if we come out like we did this weekend.