Doom & Gloom Off The Pony Board

MeanGreen61

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last sentence, Well said.

---I teach mathematics in a community college and I have a lot of students in my classes (the business math ones) that work for local finance institutions (banks, etc.) I have had many students comment about never judging people about how they dress or look. Some of the best dressed one are in there to cover a pile of bad checks.... meanwhile some of those that come in with not-so new khakis, shirts, etc. have bank accounts worth several 100 thousand or more (often in the oil business)... you never know from their looks or their treatment of others that they have what they have..... true class.

My former boss many years ago was friends with a guy who always dressed scruffy. The friend owned a large egg processing company and was just as likely to be down on the line helping as hob-nobbing with large buyers. He had a large cattle farm mostly as a hobby. The two went to a big sale and on the way back he asked my boss to stop at a car dealership to look at trucks. A salesman dressed all slick comes up to help him and kept trying to steer him away from the expensive high end trucks and was pushing stripped down models and used trucks. He finally tells the guy no thanks and sees another sales man hustling to help others who aren't interested and this sales guy appeared to be struggling based on how he was dressed. So he talks to him, the guy had just started and was happy to show him the best trucks and some top-end Continentals. He asks the sales guy what he drives and he tells him its a five year old pick-up but his wife has it because its the only car they have. He tells the new sales guy he's ready to talk about buying. They go to the office and visit a bit and the guy buys the most expensive pick-up and most expensive Continental and a Mustang convertible. He calls his wife and tells her her to come to the dealership with their current car because he just bought her a new Continental, tells my boss he'll drive the new truck home. The sales guy asks him about the Mustang and he says call your wife and tell her to come get her new car.