Mean Green Vs Fau

chrisfisher

I'll make my first prediction of the season, and publicly state that the FAU game will be our first win. Dodge and Co. have 2 weeks to right the ship based on the last 2 game videos. Offense is already kick'n, and I think our defense will get it together. Our team will come out super-prepared with excellent execution and win this one.

They're 1-1, we're 0-2. But look deeper.

Even counting our experience in Norman, we're considerably ahead of them in first downs, 3rd D conversions, total offense, passing yards, yards per catch, completion percentage, yards per punt, punt return defense, touchdowns, and points scored.

They're ahead in points allowed, rushing yardage, and yards per carry. However, in getting stomped by Oklahoma State last Saturday, they were about dead even with our anemic SMU numbers in yards per carry -- 0.8 for them, 0.6 for us.

They play Minnesota this week. We have a bye. So it's advantage UNT on prep time.

Each team has one rushing touchdown, so we'll call that even. They have two TD's in the air; we have four.

All things considered, we're looking like the stronger team and, I think, rapidly improving.

So I'll predict a victory.

Oh, and on attendance: They've gotten just over 11,000 in their only home game so far. I'm hoping we can give Schnelly something to think about in terms of home attendance and enthusiasm on his way back to Boca.

We will find a way to win this home season opener.

I would also take a wild guess that a large majority on this board probably had a gut feeling that it was highly probable that we would come into this game 0 & 2.

Who knows, if we are 1 & 5 (like in the past) that may be a pretty big omen that we might just win the SBC & go to the New Orleans Bowl, right? :rolleyes: That would be fine, but our long term goal should still be our being the 1'st SBC football squad to go bowling ranked in the Top 25. Anyone else agree?

We will find a way to win this home season opener.

I would also take a wild guess that a large majority on this board probably had a gut feeling that it was highly probable that we would come into this game 0 & 2.

Who knows, if we are 1 & 5 (like in the past) that may be a pretty big omen that we might just win the SBC & go to the New Orleans Bowl, right? :rolleyes: That would be fine, but our long term goal should still be our being the 1'st SBC football squad to go bowling ranked in the Top 25. Anyone else agree?

I think our learning curve is out of control, in a week and a half we will even be better.

Mean Green - 49

FAU - 17

Our defense starts showing visible improvement at this game.

NT - 35

FAU - 27

Our defense gives up too many big plays. ...with the exception of Arkansas and maybe Navy, we can put 35 up against anyone else on our schedule. ...the question is can we keep the other guy from scoring 35 on us? ...here's hopin' we see massive improvement next week in this dept.

...and isn't it glad we're predicting scores that don't start with a "1" these days? :)

Edited by yyz28

North Texas rolls out against FAU for their NT's first win ever against FAU and the first win of the season.

NT 49

FAU 24

Attendance: 21,000 to 23,000, would be better if we played a knwon opponent, I miss the days of playing TCU, Baylor and Houston at home.....

Edited by UNT_playmaker