Peachy's Back For U N T

MeanGreen61

Peachey's back for UNT

Offensive lineman Robert Peachey returned to practice on Wednesday after missing a big chunk of two-a-days and the first two games of the season with a hamstring injury. Peachey was projected to be UNT's right tackle before the season started.

Senior Adam Venegas stepped in for Peachey and started the first two games of the season.

Peachey has missed a ton of time and will need a while to get back into shape and accustomed to game speed, but his return certainly can't hurt the Mean Green. UNT doesn't have a whole lot of depth anywhere on its offensive line, especially at tackle.

When Peachey originally went down a few weeks ago, I thought it would be a huge blow to UNT. It was, but UNT actually held together pretty well in the first two weeks of the season. UNT head coach Todd Dodge has mentioned more than once that he has been happy with the way the Mean Green has protected his quarterbacks this season.

I give a lot of the credit to UNT offensive line coach Spencer Leftwich, who has plugged in a few new players and kept the unit together. It will be interesting to see what Leftwich can do now that he has one of his top tackles back on the field.

I give a lot of the credit to UNT offensive line coach Spencer Leftwich, who has plugged in a few new players and kept the unit together. It will be interesting to see what Leftwich can do now that he has one of his top tackles back on the field.

Glad someone gave this man his props!!

As much pub TD has gotten , this man has been VERY under-appreciated. Last year we bitched and moaned endlessly about our line. We lost our best one from a year ago , DL , and totally changed offenses. Leftwich has been invaluable so far and with the line being so young , it can only get better!!!

Edited by NT03

As much pub TD has gotten , this man has been VERY under-appreciated. Last year we bitched and moaned endlessly about our line. We lost our best one from a year ago , DL , and totally changed offenses. Leftwich has been invaluable so far and with the line being so young , it can only get better!!!

Exactly!

Rick

There's no doubt Leftwich has erased a HUGE question mark.

Coach Leftwich is very into the game. I loved watching him Coach against SMU. One time he was so hot, Coach Dodge came by. You can tell he is a great teacher...and sure enough they responded bigtime. It is really nice to have Spencer back home in Denton!

I saw the very same thing and thought it was a huge change to see that kind of fire down there. I looked over one minute and he was so pissed after 3 false starts in one series. I looked over again and he was talking to the guys very calmly, and it looked like he was having a cram session helping those guys out. I was very impressed.

When Coach Dodge announced Leftwich was joining his staff as

OL coach, I was jumping with joy! I believe he is one of the best

OL coaches in college football. Look how much Tulsa improved when

Coach Leftwich took over their OL. I do not know what happen with

Kragthorp going to the redbirds of Louisville, because Kragthorp did

not take Leftwich with him. What ever the reason, I am very happy

Leftwich joined up with Coach Dodge. I believe Leftwich will stay

at NT for a long time and be a big part of the reborn Mean Green!

The OL will just keep geting better under the teaching and coaching

from Leftwich!

If you look at the early Sun Belt championship lines and the lines that blocked for our national rushing champions a lot of the credit goes to Lefty. Most of them he recruited/taught before he left and the served us very, very well.

Back to the subject at hand though. I am really glad Venegas is back on the bench he was a liability on the line the last 2 seasons and that didn't change this year. I hate to dog on 1 player but he has a habit of making mistakes that cost us big. Yes he is very talented but his decision making skills are questionable.

If you look at the early Sun Belt championship lines and the lines that blocked for our national rushing champions a lot of the credit goes to Lefty. Most of them he recruited/taught before he left and the served us very, very well.

Back to the subject at hand though. I am really glad Venegas is back on the bench he was a liability on the line the last 2 seasons and that didn't change this year. I hate to dog on 1 player but he has a habit of making mistakes that cost us big. Yes he is very talented but his decision making skills are questionable.

"Prior to the snap, False start #74 offense...."