Bright House Networks Stadium Complete

LongJim

Very nice, practical place. Not a ton of bells and whistles. Actually, you can tell they cut some costs by using a ton of metal and chain link. They also used cinder blocks for the restrooms/concessions instead of drywall, which also costs less. Similar to the TCU Baseball complex. I love how both places are practical facilities, that are nice places to see ballgames, and yet they don't have golden sinks with Knights engraved in the bathrooms. You don't need all of that stuff to have a functionable stadium that is eye-appealing.

Very nice, practical place. Not a ton of bells and whistles. Actually, you can tell they cut some costs by using a ton of metal and chain link. They also used cinder blocks for the restrooms/concessions instead of drywall, which also costs less. Similar to the TCU Baseball complex. I love how both places are practical facilities, that are nice places to see ballgames, and yet they don't have golden sinks with Knights engraved in the bathrooms. You don't need all of that stuff to have a functionable stadium that is eye-appealing.

You are right on...I was going to post the same thing. But, I would take any new stadium (I believe most of us would), no matter how spartan if they would...wait for it...wait for it...TEAR DOWN FOUTS!

Actually, I have always maintained that Fouts Field could be worse. Could be better...but could be worse. I will never forget my first time at Fouts (playing ACU, I believe?), and I was very impressed.

Still, a nice sparkly new stadium would be very awesome. Starting with the pee troughs... :ph34r:

It looked like outdoor type theater seats their "section E." I think some special seating would be nice for 50 yard line seating, but I would rather have all seat back seats like we saw at Ford Field at SMU last week. What is the capacity at Bright House stadium and what was the cost? Is Bright House a company ?

Answered my own question. Bright House is a cable TV company that serves the Orlando/University of Central Florida area. Hello Charter ? Hello Verizon ?

Edited by greenjoe

Seats 45,300. Interesting thing is that I believe it was done from ground up in around 18 months.

Wikipedia: "Initially projected to have a cost of $40 to $45 million, the most recent cost estimations run as high as $65 million. Most of the seats are of the metal bleacher variety, causing some to criticize its spartan looks and no-frills construction in the era of nine-figure sporting venues. It has been designed for a planned expansion to 65,000 seats."

Couldn't have been much since it looks like it came from the old Erector Sets you could buy cheap at a Mott's 5 & 10 store.

I don't know, fellas (and gals), but I just don't know about being under-neath a stadium that when you can look up you see people's butts.

Which is why I scratch my head about your insistence that we should build a 40k+ stadium, Plumm. On our budget, any such stadium would be pretty cheap looking. Not that this stadium is bad, but you get what you pay for.

So what do you want? A nice 30k stadium, or a spartan 40k stadium?

Which is why I scratch my head about your insistence that we should build a 40k+ stadium, Plumm. On our budget, any such stadium would be pretty cheap looking. Not that this stadium is bad, but you get what you pay for.

So what do you want? A nice 30k stadium, or a spartan 40k stadium?

:lol:

Let's just wait and see what kind of budget we do end up working with, UNTflyer, and who knows maybe we will all be surprised beyond all expectations?

Yet I know what you are (probably) thinking and (if you are) you are probably right to some extent when you and some others may think: "Can't some of these old fart alums ever be happy with any gol'darned thing?" :P:)

Would I take what UCF has over Fouts Field? In a New York minute I would, but (still) lets not sell ourselves short on what we may end up getting. Our North Texas story may still surprise many before all this is done over at the Mean Green Village.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I tend to fall on the side of I think that this stadium is nice and all, but if we spend 65 mil on a stadium, I hope like hell it doesnt look like a overgrown Texas High School Stadium. I say that becuase all this stadium is, is a bunch of bleachers linked together with not a lot of thought put into the appearence of the stadium itself. Now if it means that we have to have a 35 thousand seat stadium instead of a 45 thousand like this, then that is fine, but put me down for something that looks a lot nicer then this

Did anyone notice the seats at the SMU stadium? Concrete, right? Yet, when I was down at the consession stand and looked, it was a metal sub-structure seating. Probably not the correct term, but when everyone was stomping their feet above me, it sounded like a high school, metal seat stadium. Still, I did like Ford Stadium.

Couldn't have been much since it looks like it came from the old Erector Sets you could buy cheap at a Mott's 5 & 10 store.

I don't know, fellas (and gals), but I just don't know about being under-neath a stadium that when you can look up you see people's butts.

Yeah I agree, in about five years its going to look like crap...