Posting For Thebandman

I didn't get to make it to the SMU game on Saturday, but I did see the pictures.

THE BAND LOOKED GREAT IN GREEN T-SHIRTS!!!! I was critical of the white shirts and the shorts not really matching, but with the green shirts the shorts don't seem like such a big deal. Major kudos to you and the band. I'm sure they sounded great as usual - never an issue there!!!

I have a question. Since it's difficult for a group of that size to find a matching color of khaki, then why don't they go with black? On a side note, the Mississippi State band was wearing Maroon shirts (polo's i think) and black basketball shorts and looked pretty sharp for not being in band uniform.

I be wrong, but the band was probably just told to buy/wear khaki shorts, and each member went with their preferred brand. Every company makes their khaki a different shade. Black shorts would look better with the black socks and shoes, but khaki looks more casual with the t-shirts.

I love our band AND they ALWAYS win the halftime show...but, could we...just could we please...play some "rockin' music" this year? Something that will get the crowd fired up? I know we have a great music school with a big jazz emphasis, but, hey, it's football...let's get some stuff the average joe recognizes and let's rock the house. I recall back in the 70's I think...the band did a STAR WARS themed half time show...even had Darth rising up amoungst a bunch of smoke. Man, the place was rockin' and NO ONE left to go "potty" or get snacks and drinks at half-time.

Also...we have a great drum line...USE THEM!

O.K., that stuff is not a complaint...just a suggestion...as I said...I do not leave at half time at UNT games...our band is the reason...in whatever they are wearing...and I did like the green shirts WAY better than the attire for the OU game. Way to go band!

Let's pump it up and do the "rock the hose" stuff at halftime this year...If I want jazz, I know where I can go to hear great jazz with a cold adult beverage....

But...whatever the band does...I'm there at halftime because it will be way better than what the other team runs out on the field...as eveidence I give you this year's OU and SMU haltimes.

GO MEAN GREEN! Fill Fouts Field!!!!

The band was wearing polo shirts. Nice ones at that. The rainbow flags have got to go... those look great for a band competition but terrible at an actual football game. Also, why do we have a guy on both the flag corp? Actually, I think that there are two. It looks silly.

The band was wearing polo shirts. Nice ones at that. The rainbow flags have got to go... those look great for a band competition but terrible at an actual football game. Also, why do we have a guy on both the flag corp? Actually, I think that there are two. It looks silly.

Well the minute we tell guys they can't be in the flags, some guy will sue. As for the rainbow flags, if that is the best we can do, just elimate the flags. I just don't understand why when we are trying to get our image out there, we can't do school colors.