Wr Rotation

Dodge2007

I am concerned that TD is not getting any of our young guys any experience at WR. No Rod Johnson, Dibrell, Breece and little use of BJ Lewis. If your best WR (Casey) is getting an iv at half then something isn't right.

I saw that Breece went in the game for one play. Anyone know the NCAA rules about the number of plays a kid can get without giving up their eligibility?

We had two non conference games and we don't know who can back up Casey or Brandon, meaning we have no idea who can make plays. Our two deep our freshman, that is the way it goes. TD should have gotten them or those he will not redshirt in the game against SMU, imo.

Any one who knows the NCAA rule on participation and losing eligibility, please dive in. For example, did Breece lose his eligibility by playing one play or did Dibrell lose his by playing in three plays at the end of the game vs. OU? What about the freshman QB, did he lose his option to red shirt?

You would have thought that the freshman Wideouts would have played against the worst secondary in America.

Edited by Dodge2007

I am concerned that TD is not getting any of our young guys any experience at WR. No Rod Johnson, Dibrell, Breece and little use of BJ Lewis. If your best WR (Casey) is getting an iv at half then something isn't right.

I saw that Breece went in the game for one play. Anyone know the NCAA rules about the number of plays a kid can get without giving up their eligibility?

We had two non conference games and we don't know who can back up Casey or Brandon, meaning we have no idea who can make plays. Our two deep our freshman, that is the way it goes. TD should have gotten them or those he will not redshirt in the game against SMU, imo.

Any one who knows the NCAA rule on participation and losing eligibility, please dive in. For example, did Breece lose his eligibility by playing one play or did Dibrell lose his by playing in three plays at the end of the game vs. OU? What about the freshman QB, did he lose his option to red shirt?

You would have thought that the freshman Wideouts would have played against the worst secondary in America.

It goes by a percentage of playing time in relation to the season. Not sure what that percentage actually is, but one play won't kill ya. Such as Patrick Cobbs in 2004 getting a redshirt after playing in one full game.

There was talk of changing the rule, and it may have this off season, but to my understanding a player burns his redshirt the second he steps on the field.

The % of games is for a medical disability waiver, which people call a medical redshirt, but isn't the same at all.

If that is the case, then Dibrell, imo, should have gotten some action if he already burned his shirt. Breece ran out there for one play when Casey was dead tired. More the case for some rotation. Hell, even OU rotated WR's.

We have to get those guys some meaning full reps. I can understand why Vizza didn't get any reps but not the WR's.

Edited by Dodge2007

The term "redshirt" is used to describe a student-athlete who does not participate in competition in a sport for an entire academic year. If you do not compete in a sport the entire academic year, you have not used a season of competition. For example, if you are a qualifier, and you attend a four-year college your freshman year, and you practice but do not compete against outside competition, you would still have the next four years to play four seasons of competition.

Each student is allowed no more than four seasons of competition per sport. If you were not a qualifier, you may have fewer seasons of competition available to you. You should know that NCAA rules indicate that any competition, regardless of time, during a season counts as one of your seasons of competition in that sport. It does not matter how long you were involved in a particular competition (for example, one play in a football game, one point in a volleyball match); you will be charged with one season of competition.

Please contact the certifying institution or conference for additional information. You also may contact the NCAA membership services staff at 317/917-6222 if you have further questions.

link

There was talk of changing the rule, and it may have this off season, but to my understanding a player burns his redshirt the second he steps on the field.

The % of games is for a medical disability waiver, which people call a medical redshirt, but isn't the same at all.

--- I am pretty sure this is correct. If there is any possibility of red-shirting a player....don't put him on the field.

Thanks. That is what I had always understood, though I know there have been some instances of a university getting an exception for players who were in only 1-2 series for a season. Still, that is nothing that can be counted on. If I remember correctly, we asked for one (an exception) back a few years ago and were denied.

Player participation from last saturday

North Texas: 8-Roberson, Sam, 9-Lewis, B.J., 11-Cox, Deavin, 18-Phillips, Matt, 21-Chatman, Desmon, 22-Ealey, Kevin,

23-Moreland, T., 24-Cotton, R., 25-Spencer, Truman, 26-Montgomery, C., 27-Gordon, Robbie, 30-Henderson, K., 32-Mosley, Micah,

34-Neal, Chris, 36-Davis, Marquese, 37-Roman, Evyn, 39-Dawson, G., 40-Mahan, Colt, 42-Robertson, C., 43-Sykes, Marquis,

44-Nwigwe, Tobe, 45-Higgs, Cliff, 48-Davenport, Ryan, 50-Brown, Lawrence, 52-Owusu-Hemeng, S, 59-Penson, A.J., 65-Miller, Joseph,

72-Tomlinson, Matt, 74-Venegas, Adam, 78-Kokjohn, Troy, 80-Smith, Isiah, 84-Brown, Charlie, 85-Gill, Victor, 86-Davidson, C.,

88-Johnson, R., 92-Ross, Draylen, 97-Durodoye, Raifu.

B.J. Lewis had 3 catches for 9 yards. Don't take my word for it but considering the fact that we had 4 upperclassmen with a combined 578 yards recieving,

and also the fact that a win against smu was very much on the line until the end of the game, I'm willing to bet TD isn't losing much sleep at nights over our freshmen WR's not getting worked into the rotation?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Player participation from last saturday

B.J. Lewis had 3 catches for 9 yards. Don't take my word for it but considering the fact that we had 4 upperclassmen with a combined 578 yards recieving,

and also the fact that a win against smu was very much on the line until the end of the game, I'm willing to bet TD isn't losing much sleep at nights over our freshmen WR's not getting worked into the rotation?

Rick

He'll wish he had used them more if Casey and/or Brandon go down. Casey had a freakin iv in his arm at half. Leads me to believe that a little rotation would not have been so bad. But if you want to make until conference to break in some second team, so be it.

TD is the wizard but I just don't agree with burning a shirt and not letting them play against that weak secondary. ROBERSON never hit the field, that was a mistake by the scorekeeper.