Unt Merch

filmerj

Can someone tell me why the university does not sell merchindise in stores outside of Denton? I was driving around Lewisville yesterday looking for some last minute gear for my wife to wear, even though she goes to school there now, and we could not find any anywhere. All I found was a cap and a beer coozie. Yet you can find A &M and UT stuff everywhere. I know they are more popular and have been around longer. I am not business saavy but it would seem to me that in order to get Brand Recognition you need to distribute your product and flood the stores to bring recognition to the school. Is this a licensing issue with the NCAA or am I missing something? Just an honest question not , complaining I really am curious. Thanks.

unless something has changed, the main reason for lack of inventory elsewhere is due to some stupid licensing thing that for some reason NT won't let others in on.

Which probably means the person in charge of changing it doesn't know they have the power to... 3 years of working on campus hasn't done a lot for my faith in the way NT administrative departments are run.

On the other hand, local support is growing. We went to the Fuddrucker's on 288 and they have a big UNT wall sign which I thought was really cool. Unfortunately, the player painted on it has a helmet with the eagle head logo, the jersey is black, and the pants are green. But hey, at least they are showing support!

Which probably means the person in charge of changing it doesn't know they have the power to... 3 years of working on campus hasn't done a lot for my faith in the way NT administrative departments are run.

I used to work on Campus too, so I know what you mean. I thought it was a licensing issue. How do we go about changing it. Who should we nag?

Edited by filmerj

unless something has changed, the main reason for lack of inventory elsewhere is due to some stupid licensing thing that for some reason NT won't let others in on.

That is exactly it. I have been working for the last 4 months on getting setup to do apparel but its really fricken expensive as a supplier. If you can latch onto a supplier and distribute its doable but if you want to create unique designs and get them made you have to have quite a backing or an in with an established company willing to get the license. Oh and its not exactly NT its the dumb ass company they put in charge of apparel licensing. They may be fine for schools with larger established fan bases but are way to expensive for schools trying to develop a fan base, marketing scheme, and get their name and colors out there.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz