All I Have To Say Is...

THEBandMan

The Green Brigade was outstanding this week.

The green polo shirts looked great.

The Brigade played to the North Texas side instead of facing the empty home field side.

The music selection was good and presentation was far superior to the tinny Fiddler on the Roof dribble provided by the Smoo Kazoo Crew.

The weather was incredibly muggy; still 96 degrees and very humid at 11pm. I am happy that the director had the foresight to have the Brigade wear the shorts outfit.

I spent the hours from about 9am-6pm yesterday slugging up hills and rucking 30lbs of junk on my back, and I'm still worn out and spent...I don't blame our band AT ALL for not being in full uniform. Even though I spent all of last week water-loading, I'm still spent and dehydrated. I think it was a safe decision to keep the band out of uniform. Unless someone wants to PONY UP the cash to get the band uniforms more suited to hot weather, I'd suggest that we all keep our mouths closed about uniform decisions. They sounded good, and that's judging from the radio broadcast.

ALSO

Im glad they're playing Holst's "Mars" again on big D plays.