My Take On Our Game Tonight...

UNT_92_Fan

First and foremost, this was my first away game for football since I have been bartending on saturdays for years now I can't ever get off.

Pre-Game...

REALLY REALLY impressed with the "BLVD" party they throw. Some of the tents were ridddddiculously stocked with top notch electronics. Overall the fans I came in contact with didn't associate with us which in my book is ALRIGHT with me. The one group of fraternity guys we talked too about some our "NT's Finests" that were trying to start fights in the Greek Area were very nice guys and said "those tools were trying to start something with a bunch of guys who know our team sucks and dont really care" They were not coming into the game....sound familar????

Turn-out

I am Proud of North Texas today. We showed up in force and stayed in the game. Alittle disappointed with the 'fans' that took off after the late interception return for a TD by SMUt. I am sorry, the traffic wasnt that bad, the crowds cleared quickly, and the way some of our scores tonight were happening in a blink of an eye...I didnt see us as out of it until the last second ticked off. We were over in the SMU corwd for the first half and had to deal with a few asshats that wanted to talk noise...but it was all in good fun.

The Band

They looked really good in the green shirts today. There can not be any downtalking to the band this week. They looked good, and definitely won the halftime event. Anyone else find the baton girl not attractive? that was the running theme in my section during the half.... The tollbag that was yelling at the band to it down needed to be shut up and had his NT gear stripped from him

The Game

I think my buddy said it best......"This was the best UNT game I have ever seen us Lose" We looked good. I have some worries but we improved 100% from last week. My two concerns are.... Its understandable the Meager might have been exhausted at the end of the game but those mistakes cost us the game. I really wanna see the freshman. It seems Jamario is non-existant in this offense, and if its an injury it needs to be announced and if it isn't then I wouldnt mind seeing them just flush the old and run with new blood. Yes Meager threw for an ass ton of yards but I dont see a killer mentality. They might have been tired in the fourth but there was alot of just walking up to the line with no hustle when the game was still very much winnable. Just a thought. Don't flame me for it. Secondly, Can we please excuse Evyn "Toast" Roman from the defense. Let the guy return kicks and clap on the sideline but the dude can't cover. He is not big enough, fast enough, and his hair is bad.... He got burnt too many times tonight.... Get Toast off the field!!!!!

I am excited for the future and wanna see the defense get things together. We have something special going on here. Good times with a good group of friends today.....

Edited by UNT_92_Fan

Secondly, Can we please excuse Evyn "Toast" Roman from the defense. Let the guy return kicks and clap on the sideline but the dude can't cover. He is not big enough, fast enough, and his hair is bad.... He got burnt too many times tonight.... Get Toast off the field!!!!!

It is rather shocking at how bad he is in coverage. He gets burned almost every play.

Can we find someone who can field a punt?

It is rather shocking at how bad he is in coverage. He gets burned almost every play.

That guy made some good hits tonight. I don't know if he wouldn't get burned in coverage so much at line backer, but he looks like he's not afraid to be out there and get dinged up a bit. That and the fact that Dodge keeps running him out there makes me believe he brings more to the table.