As Bad As It Was, I'm Pleased With The Media

gangrene

I woke up this morning hoping that it was Saturday and that my horrible nightmare was just that...a nightmare. But, when I picked up the Sunday paper, my fears were confirmed; that fiasco I saw yesterday really happened. And, what was worse, is that the DMN had photos and headlines on the front of the Main News section and a larger picture on the front of the Sports Day (Part II) section. However, after reading through the three articles by three different writers, the coverage really wasn't that bad. They didn't slam us like they could have or kick us while we we're down. Even the headlines were kind (IMO), "Rough Welcome" and "Rough Start" are much more encouraging than what that could have chosen.

On a side note, I wandered over to the SMU site this morning to see what they had to say. Funny thing is...some of their posters seem a little scared to play us. They must have seen something in that game that I didn't. Here's the link.