I'm Surprised No One Has Brought This Up Yet...

I feel pretty bad about the game about as much as the next guy, but I still feel much better about the position we are in than I did we received a 50-something to 2 shelacking at the hands of Tulsa a couple of years ago. I remember feeling a sense of hopelessness because teamse were stacking eight in the box and rendering our "high-powered" running game ineffective, and I knew that our coaching staff wasn't going to do much to fix it. I don't get this same feeling from this year's experience so far. This game, to me, just showed where are at right now and will be a good reference to gauge how much we can improve through out the rest of the season and into next year.

So take a few shots of green kool-aid, keep supporting our team and coaches (wish I could physically be there this year), and keep dreaming of better times ahead.

Cheers!

I feel pretty bad about the game about as much as the next guy, but I still feel much better about the position we are in than I did we received a 50-something to 2 shelacking at the hands of Tulsa a couple of years ago. I remember feeling a sense of hopelessness because teamse were stacking eight in the box and rendering our "high-powered" running game ineffective, and I knew that our coaching staff wasn't going to do much to fix it. I don't get this same feeling from this year's experience so far. This game, to me, just showed where are at right now and will be a good reference to gauge how much we can improve through out the rest of the season and into next year.

So take a few shots of green kool-aid, keep supporting our team and coaches (wish I could physically be there this year), and keep dreaming of better times ahead.

Cheers!

I was thinking the same thing last night.

Tulsa was the worst by far, we truly expected to be in that game. Two returning NCAA rushing champions in the backfield and a record home crowd. We ended up looking completely unprepared.

...and what about the 65-0 game vs. Texas!?? ;)

I didn't feel quite so bad about that game cause I knew we didn't stand much of a chance, but yes, I was none to happy about that game.

I just wanted to try to make everyone feel a little better and remind Mean Green peeps that yes, it could be worse.

Enjoy the rest of the first weekend of football! :)

I think the difference is back then we thought we knew what was ahead. For four years in a row we practically dropped an egg in non-conference play but still dominated the Sun Belt so there really wasn’t room for panic yet. But today we have no idea what to expect we are on unknown ground the rest of the way all we can do it hope.

Cheers!

That Tulsa game is the single greatest disappointing game I have ever witnesses as a UNT fan. I expected so much more that game and it was so disappointing that day.