Thoughts From Practice Yesterday

emmitt01

1)I was only there for the last hour so amazing things that I didn't see may have occurred.

2)I am convinced that the biggest reason you won't see Vizza under center tomorrow is that he is a true frosh and OU has a big stadium. Talent is NOT the issue.

3)They were still running basically a pass skeleton. No hitting that I saw. There were a couple times when the defense came in on Daniel and, because they couldn't hit him, he was able to find his receiver. I hope the coaches said "go through your progressions no matter what" and that it wasn't just Daniel holding the ball too long.

4)J-Mo played and looked good. Cuts were crisp from what I saw and he didnt' look to be favoring that hammy.

5)I really like Sam Dibrell. Not in a Quoner or Justin Willis way, but I like how he plays.

6)After practice they were practicing some kickoffs. They consistently hit the 20...now FFRick tells me he saw them kick further in the past so I'll hold out hope but kicking to the 20? Why not just kick it out of bounds and take the penalty?

7)Once I realized Micah Mosley was white I really noticed he was a pretty good back. Not that he wasn't a good looking back before I saw that he was white, I just didn't know that's who he was. :lol:

8)This is the most important part to me. These are a few paraphrases from Todge from the post-practice speech:

"You know what I expect from you and how to go out there and execute it. I expect that you'll do that on Saturday, go out there and execute what I expect of you."

"I know what today is. Thursday is the big day to go out there and party. You can do that and get your tails handed to you on Saturday, or you can decide to be focused and show something. It's up to you."

"I'm really glad we have Emmitt at our practice. I think he's a good luck charm and they should give him a sideline pass."

And as the defense broke their huddle with the coaches to end practice they all said in unison "Beat OU" Kinda gave me chills.

You know, I didn't hear him say it yesterday but there is one thing I've heard from Todge is that he wants his players to go to bed the night before a game and dream of playing the perfect game. Kinda get it in their head that victory is going to be the outcome and visualize how they're going to make it so.

7)Once I realized Micah Mosley was white I really noticed he was a pretty good back. Not that he wasn't a good looking back before I saw that he was white, I just didn't know that's who he was. :lol:

Seriously? Man...this is two in the past week...until the newcomers interviews I had no idea Breece Johnson was white either.

"I'm really glad we have Emmitt at our practice. I think he's a good luck charm and they should give him a sideline pass."

:lol:

Good notes. Who was kicking? Our punter, Spencer, was doing kickoffs in the scrimmages and I heard he may try the longer FGs (has the stronger leg), but he was kicking it to the 5 yd line or inside. I would be surprised to not see Vizza in the OU game at some point just for the experience. You don't want your main backup to have never been in a college game before if he's ever needed in a rush situation.