How Bout Those Golden Flashes Of Kent State?

FirefightnRick

Kinda surprising... Kent State hasn't been involved in an ambush like that since 1970!

:lol:

HOWEVER(being the basketball person I am) I guess you don't remember them ambushing several top seeds in the '02 tournament. If Indiana hadn't hit so many three's in the Regional Final they woulda been George Mason before George Mason.

Kinda surprising... Kent State hasn't been involved in an ambush like that since 1970!

How this didn't make much more of a blip on sports center last year is beyond me?

Until going 6-6 last year Kent State has only had 2 winning seasons since 1977. TWO WINNING SEASONS IN 30 YEARS?

During those 30 seasons, all in the MAC conference, they won 3 games or LESS per year, 18 TIMES!

Rick

The same reason our 1995 victory over Oregon State, a Pac-10 team, didn't make that big a splash. Both "upset" targets were crappy teams.

Well, they won 7 games or more in 5 of the past 7 seasons and went to bowl games in 2 of the past 3 years? And even though they finished 4-8 last year they did end the season with a 21-16 win over an 8-5 Missouri team?

Seems to me any time a team with such a long history of losing such as Kent State upsets a BCS program that has been in bowl games two of the past three seasons is worthy of a clip or two?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Seems to me any time a team with such a long history of losing such as Kent State upsets a BCS program that has been in bowl games two of the past three seasons is worthy of a clip or two?

Rick

Yeah, it probably does. But Iowa State is horrible. Congrats to the Golden Flashes, though. A win is a win. B)

Des Moines newspaper article and fan comments:

ISU vs Kent State Posted by: shoefing

on Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:43 am

"I thought the transition to a new coach went smoothly. You can't tell the difference between when McCarney left and Chizik came in."

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ORTS&lead=1

Edited by NT80