Dodge On Galloway And Co.

PerryG2480

Other tidbits:

At the very end of the interview Galloway's partner asked Dodge, "Could last years Southlake team beat Nort Texas. Dodge gave an uncomfortable chuckle and said "no". You could tell Dodge was not happy about the shot.

Dodge heaped praise on Coach Fry and what he meant to NT.

Reiterated that he wasn't asked about scheduling OU a few years ago and that he will play the teams on the schedule.

When asked about support, he touted the student body, alumni, proximity to DFW and that Denton is the 9th fastest growing city in the nation.

Edited by Eagle-96

At the very end of the interview Galloway's partner asked Dodge, "Could last years Southlake team beat Nort Texas. Dodge gave an uncomfortable chuckle and said "no". You could tell Dodge was not happy about the shot.

This is the main reason I don't listen to GAC or 103.3 much. They are F'n IDIOTS. NO, I repeat NO High School football team would beat a Div. 1 college FB team.

Let's keep the GAC bashing to a minimum for a few minutes at least. True, he's not for everyone. But he did just give about 15 minutes of quality airtime to Todd Dodge and the University of North Texas.

F that, I'm entitled to "MY," not yours, opinion.

Let's keep the GAC bashing to a minimum for a few minutes at least. True, he's not for everyone. But he did just give about 15 minutes of quality airtime to Todd Dodge and the University of North Texas.

That was the first time i've listened to espn or galloway really ever but any coverage is good coverage.

Thanks for the time Randy.

Ticket P1 for life.

I'm a P1 myself, but sometimes I want to hear straight up sports talk, and Norm only has so long to talk each day. Anyway, I don't want to start another ESPN vs. the Ticket debate...the ratings show who rules the airwaves around here.

I just find it funny that we are exclaiming how great the interview was, and then turn around and bash the host immediately. Just an observation, that's all.

Tell me the part about the stadium issue again....very slowly.... I want to make sure you all that heard it agree what was discussed..... :):)

There are things going on that can't be discussed right now but I truly beleive that we will open a new stadium for the 2010 season. A 35-40K seat Eagle-96 rules double decked bowl stadium right outside my office.

his words not mine. :rolleyes:

There are things going on that can't be discussed right now but I truly beleive that we will open a new stadium for the 2010 season. A 35-40K seat Eagle-96 rules double decked bowl stadium right outside my office.

his words not mine. :rolleyes:

I think you have a Quoner-like crush on Coach Dodge, either that or you are hearing things (in bold) that aren't being said. :lol::lol:

I'm sorry but I don't listen to ESPN Radio anymore because of a few comments made by Jennifer Engel. I won't get all of her comment correct but correct me if I am wrong anyone. When Todd Dodge got hired at UNT she said "that it was a DEMOTION to be the head football coach of UNT over Southlake." I could really careless to listen to Grandpa Urine. (Galloway and Company) I am not starting a debate over which station is better because I used to listen to both of them.

I thought the interview was great.

I'm paraphrasing here, but I loved when TD talked about how he wants to make it so, that when a UNT alum/fan is at the mall....and when that alum/fan walks by a cap store.....he goes in and buys a cap.....and wears it with the same pride that other school's fans do.

Or something like that....I'm probably not doing it justice....

Isn't Galloway an alum?

Randy said that NT was one of the schools that he flunked out of. Not sure what that means. But, he did say that he has had a fondness for NT....since covering the football team in the 60's (during the Joe Greene days).

Also, co-host Brian Estrich brought up, that Galloway had said the other day, that if NT can just make the game entertaining on Saturday.....on the following Monday, he's driving to Denton and kissing TD on the cheek. (He made sure that Todd knew he was referring to the cheek on the face).

Ya know...maybe GAC wouldn't have issues with ratings if they didn't schedule the most important interview of the day at the same time that millions light up and space out.

That's a Kronic problem with GAC. He's a flaming moron.

I thought that the funniest part of the interview was when Galloway was talking about recruiting. He said, "you have a pretty good QB coming in next year............and I heard that you had some sort of relationship with his mother?" Dodge replied, "It always helps when you're sleepin' with their momma"