Dodge Press Conference To Start At Noon, Kntu 88.1

NT80

I don't usually defend KNTU, however they have been without a Chief Engineer since March. If such a task was left in the hands of student volunteers then it is no surprise that they had trouble getting it to work. Also, there is little support from the "professionals" when it comes to sports programming at KNTU. The management over there just doesn't give a flying f@*% about sports. They only reason they air games is becuase they need the money from athletics.

Okay, enough of that, now I'm wound up about K-NUT radio again!

I don't usually defend KNTU, however they have been without a Chief Engineer since March. If such a task was left in the hands of student volunteers then it is no surprise that they had trouble getting it to work. Also, there is little support from the "professionals" when it comes to sports programming at KNTU. The management over there just doesn't give a flying f@*% about sports. They only reason they air games is becuase they need the money from athletics.

Okay, enough of that, now I'm wound up about K-NUT radio again!

I thought they were run by the Music Dept?, or is it the Jazz-Studies Dept within the Music Dept.? The ONLY time I have ever listened to KNTU in 40 years is for a sports event. IMHO, they have always been out of touch with the student and general population in music and programming.

KNTU is run by the Radio, TV, and Film department. Granted, it does give students a chance to be Disc Jockeys or read news stories on the air, but when it comes to sports they are holding kids back and knocking them down. Prime example is how The Green Guys (weekly, 3 hour, student sports-talk show) got reduced to a 30-minute, PRE-pre-game show; or how Denton ISD and Krum basketball dissappeared off the airways. Then there was the Soccer game against SMU in the NCAA tournament a few years back when our intreped young sportscasters drove all the way down to College Station to find out that they would not be calling the game on air because it wasn't relevant. I'm not saying they should get rid of Jazz, because we DO have a very good and prominent music school here and it deserves to be showcased. My point is that if they're going to have a radio station on campus as an extra-curricular lab they shouldn't be discouraging people from being able to participate.

KNTU is run by the Radio, TV, and Film department. Granted, it does give students a chance to be Disc Jockeys or read news stories on the air, but when it comes to sports they are holding kids back and knocking them down. Prime example is how The Green Guys (weekly, 3 hour, student sports-talk show) got reduced to a 30-minute, PRE-pre-game show; or how Denton ISD and Krum basketball dissappeared off the airways. Then there was the Soccer game against SMU in the NCAA tournament a few years back when our intreped young sportscasters drove all the way down to College Station to find out that they would not be calling the game on air because it wasn't relevant. I'm not saying they should get rid of Jazz, because we DO have a very good and prominent music school here and it deserves to be showcased. My point is that if they're going to have a radio station on campus as an extra-curricular lab they shouldn't be discouraging people from being able to participate.

I agree with you entirely (was on staff at NTTV for 2+ years several years ago), but DO they really feature the music school?? I seldom hear any stuff by NT students/alums/faculty on KNTU, just general "out there" jazz. To me, if you're gonna do that, how about being more diverse, relevant college radio?