Man, This Hacks Me Off

I went to Hooter's to hear Todd's radio show. The setup was great. Todd was great. George was great.

The bad part: Due to crowd noise, it was hard to hear what Coach was saying.

You want to know the real PISSER: The reason it was hard to hear Coach Dodge was that there were tables of Athletic Department employees who wouldn't shut up. Some of them, didn't even turn their chairs around to where they were even facing Todd. (Kevin F's table).

Yeah, some of our own Athletic Department employees ruined the show.

So, thanks a lot....Gabe....TJ......Kevin F and others.

Maybe, next time.......stay home if you don't care about the show. Or, if you come.........SHUT THE "F" UP!

I went to Hooter's to hear Todd's radio show. The setup was great. Todd was great. George was great.

The bad part: Due to crowd noise, it was hard to hear what Coach was saying.

You want to know the real PISSER: The reason it was hard to hear Coach Dodge was that there were tables of Athletic Department employees who wouldn't shut up. Some of them, didn't even turn their chairs around to where they were even facing Todd. (Kevin F's table).

Yeah, some of our own Athletic Department employees ruined the show.

So, thanks a lot....Gabe....TJ......Kevin F and others.

Maybe, next time.......stay home if you don't care about the show. Or, if you come.........SHUT THE "F" UP!

Ya, get em'

If they have so little interest, let them stay home. No one said to themselves, 'man, I can't wait to visit with the ticket manager or the fund raiser.' The fans went to see George and Todd, period.

Seriously! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. I regretted even showing up because I only heard about 50% of what Dodge had to say thanks to the Athletics employees who wouldn't stop yelling at each other. Hopefully they will sit in the back or just flat out not come next time. I hope Rick sees this so he can at least tell them to keep it down next time.

Seriously! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. I regretted even showing up because I only heard about 50% of what Dodge had to say thanks to the Athletics employees who wouldn't stop yelling at each other. Hopefully they will sit in the back or just flat out not come next time. I hope Rick sees this so he can at least tell them to keep it down next time.

I would have said something to them. If they didn't like what I said, then I would have taken it to the next level with RV.

Peavy, Yamaha, Fender and a few other brands have some very nice portable PA systems that could take care of this matter. AKG and Shure have quality microphones you can attach to any of these PA systems, too. (BTW, all these portable systems also have volume buttons, too, if anyone in the back of Hooters are having problems hearing what is being said simply, uh, pump up the volume.

Maybe Coach Dodge intended his collegues to make all the extra noise so he could have a "closed" coaches radio show? :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Peavy, Yamaha, Fender and a few other brands have some very nice portable PA systems that could take care of this matter. AKG and Shure have quality microphones you can attach to any of these PA systems, too. (BTW, all these portable systems also have volume buttons, too, if anyone in the back of Hooters are having problems hearing what is being said simply, uh, pump up the volume.

Maybe Coach Dodge intended his collegues to make all the extra noise so he could have a "closed" coaches radio show? :rolleyes::lol:

They had a pretty decent set up at the Loophole. At least there you could hear everything.

I'm surprised they are trying to do a coach's show at Hooters anyway, that's not the easiest place to hear inside. I guess they are a sponsor.

They previously had it at El Guapo's, but Mike (the manager there) told me that Hooters just offered them more money to host it. I would love to see it moved back to El Guapo's since he is a grad of UNT and supports them so much, and it would definately be quieter there.

Not really sure what the point of all of the athletic staff going to the show is for if they are not going to pay attention.

(BTW, all these portable systems also have volume buttons, too, if anyone in the back of Hooters are having problems hearing what is being said simply, uh, pump up the volume.

You can only turn up the volume so much before you start getting feedback. I believe that is what happened at hooters.