Devin Smith DB Coppell #41

David Cato DB Mansfield Summit #55

Jarrett Ben DB Garland #70

John Shorter DB Lake Highlands #85

Troy Stoudermire ATH Skyline #45

Dallas Morning news Area Top 100

Sam Schartzstein OL Southlake Carroll #67

Evan Epstein OL Bishop Lynch #71

That's what I like to see...a couple of real stout German fellas'! :) DAS IST GUT!!!

Disclaimer: I, too, am a fellow stout German fella...so do not mean to offend anyone...

I'd like it if we could get Chris Givens RB Wylie #62, he's a stud.

Hurt in the first game of the season one after getting 132 all-purpose yards. His 5.3 yards per carry average and speed (4.41) has offers from North Texas, UNLV, Utah, Wake Forest and Wisconsin.

Evan Epstein OL Bishop Lynch #71 (6-4, 285) is being recruited by defending National Champion Florida, Notre Dame, USC and others. He had more than 100 pancake blocks as a junior and claimed his third state title as a wrestler.

If we can get these two and the two kids from Garland; Joel Wilson DL Garland #87 & Jarrett Ben DB Garland #70 and Devin Smith DB Coppell #41 I'd be thrilled.

I'd like it if we could get Chris Givens RB Wylie #62, he's a stud.

Hurt in the first game of the season one after getting 132 all-purpose yards. His 5.3 yards per carry average and speed (4.41) has offers from North Texas, UNLV, Utah, Wake Forest and Wisconsin.

Evan Epstein OL Bishop Lynch #71 (6-4, 285) is being recruited by defending National Champion Florida, Notre Dame, USC and others. He had more than 100 pancake blocks as a junior and claimed his third state title as a wrestler.

If we can get these two and the two kids from Garland; Joel Wilson DL Garland #87 & Jarrett Ben DB Garland #70 and Devin Smith DB Coppell #41 I'd be thrilled.

You picked the same 5 of the 10 I'm really hoping for. I'm ecstatic about the 5 we already have verbal commitments from but if we can add 5 more and take 10% of the list I think it really sends a message to the other schools in the state.

My one gripe about this list: I guess that because UT decided Riley Dodge is an athlete and not a quarterback, that makes it so. Riley should be listed under quarterbacks. That's what he played last season when he first earned notice, that's what he will play as a senior, and that's what he's been recruited to play at North Texas.

My one gripe about this list: I guess that because UT decided Riley Dodge is an athlete and not a quarterback, that makes it so. Riley should be listed under quarterbacks. That's what he played last season when he first earned notice, that's what he will play as a senior, and that's what he's been recruited to play at North Texas.

That has pissed me off as well he would have been ranked higher on most list if he was listed as a QB instead of an athlete. But regardless of the position he's still the biggest recruit we've had since Jamario.

That has pissed me off as well he would have been ranked higher on most list if he was listed as a QB instead of an athlete. But regardless of the position he's still the biggest recruit we've had since Jamario.

And I can't help but wonder if he wouldn't be higher than #22 if he had stayed with the Longhorns rather than decided to come to North Texas.

That's okay. He's got four years to show everyone how wrong they were.

And I can't help but wonder if he wouldn't be higher than #22 if he had stayed with the Longhorns rather than decided to come to North Texas.

That's okay. He's got four years to show everyone how wrong they were.

I doubt it the DMN pulls there rankings from rivals and he was rated #58 in the state while he was committed to Texas. But the QB versus Athlete issue does disturb me.