Curious What Everyone Would Like To See

UNTLifer

I was a big fan, and still am, of the AC/DC Thunderstruck intro for each home game, but hated the intro and music they used last year. I have a feeling this will all change to distance from the past era. What would you like to see/hear as an intro this year?

My choice would be a return to Thunderstruck turned up to 11 and highlights of all of our past greats, Haynes, Renfro, Ramsey, Shanklin, Greene, Hardeman, Reese, Maher, Redwine, Camper, Davis, Booger, etc... or highlights of past great plays such as scenes from the Tennessee win, TTech wins, Booger & Co. sacking Simms, Boogers MTSU sack/interception/flip, TJ Covington's 100+ interception return against Utah State, the sack fumble and 1 yard line recovery by Booger against NMSU, the Baylor whipping, tearing down the goalposts against NMSU, Miracle in the Desert, etc...

Your Thoughts?

Edited by UNTLifer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...I will be honest with you, as you are all fellow Mean Green freaks and we can support one another. Back in the day, when I was playing FB in high school, we used to come on to the field with (wait for it...wait for it...) 'Ice, Ice, Baby' blaring through the speakers. Yes, Vanilla Ice was, shall we say, they coolest Intro music available. Boy...REALLY got me pumped-up!!! :blowup:

So...what say you? Shall it be 'Ice, Ice, Baby'!?!?? :D

I wish that we would come up with a new song....because this is a new era. So, something other than "Thunderstruck" would be great.

I'm not saying that this should be our intro music, but I've been advocating for 10 years now, that we incorporate the 70's song, "For The Love of Money", by the OJ's into our games. If you've never heard it.....there are several great riffs in there, where the OJ's sing, "Mean, Mean, Mean....Mean Green!" (Just that part there, would be great to play after a nice defensive stand).

(For you youngsters out there, I think this song was used as the theme song on The Apprentice).....

My choice would be a return to Thunderstruck turned up to 11 and highlights of all of our past greats, Haynes, Renfro, Ramsey, Shanklin, Greene, Hardeman, Reese, Maher, Redwine, Camper, Davis, Booger, etc... or highlights of past great plays such as scenes from the Tennessee win, TTech wins, Booger & Co. sacking Simms, Boogers MTSU sack/interception/flip, TJ Covington's 100+ interception return against Utah State, the sack fumble and 1 yard line recovery by Booger against NMSU, the Baylor whipping, tearing down the goalposts against NMSU, Miracle in the Desert, etc...

Since the home opener is Sept. 22, I'll vote for all those, capped with fresh highlights of the whuppin' we gave the ponies on Sept. 8.

I wish that we would come up with a new song....because this is a new era. So, something other than "Thunderstruck" would be great.

I'm not saying that this should be our intro music, but I've been advocating for 10 years now, that we incorporate the 70's song, "For The Love of Money", by the OJ's into our games. If you've never heard it.....there are several great riffs in there, where the OJ's sing, "Mean, Mean, Mean....Mean Green!" (Just that part there, would be great to play after a nice defensive stand).

(For you youngsters out there, I think this song was used as the theme song on The Apprentice).....

Call it lean, mean, mean green !!!

NC State got their fans into the action...maybe we could do the same??:

Fans asked to vote for football intro song

Voting on the 2007 intro song is set to end Friday at 5 p.m.; selected song won't be revealed until first game

By: Brian Grossman

Posted: 7/19/07

The football team's entrance onto the field at Carter-Finley Stadium is filled with fireworks, cheers, a big-screen video and, most importantly, a loud, driving intro song to which the team runs onto the field.

This year, the athletics department decided to involve fans in the selection of that song. Since June 25, fans have been able to vote for their choice of intro song through GoPack.com. Voting will end Friday at 5 p.m.

Chris Alston, the athletics department's associate director of marketing, said this is the first time the school has allowed fans to vote.

"Every year I get a couple dozen phone calls expressing opinions about what the intro song should be," Alston said. "It's always a hot topic among fans and on message boards. We have a wide variety of fans, so we put it to a vote to see what they think we should use for the song."

Alston said as of Wednesday morning, he's received more than 2,500 votes, which he called a "pretty good turnout."

Alston said there have been 75 to 100 different songs submitted ranging between one and a couple hundred votes each. While he would not disclose the song in the lead, he did say it has received between 500 and 600 votes, or approximately 20 percent of the total number of votes.

Mike Hershkowitz, a senior in nuclear engineering, said the voting program is a good idea as long as proper measures are taken to make sure an appropriate song is chosen.

"As long as they use common sense when looking at the results, it's a good idea," he said. "I have heard of a lot of people from UNC saying they were going to vote for 'It's Raining Men.' Votes like these should be thrown out immediately."

Alston said he has seen some joke entries, especially from the bc.edu e-mail addresses.

"A bunch of Boston College fans got together and collaborated to vote for the same song," he said.

While Alston did not want to mention which song the Eagle fans were voting for, he said Wolfpack fans need not worry that a joke entry will win.

"We want to have the best song possible for all N.C. State fans," he said. "You can pretty much tell which songs are serious votes and which are not. Anytime something like this is Internet-based, there are going to be entries like that. We knew there were going to be some joke entries."

Alston said there have been great reactions for songs that were used in the past.

"We've gotten a lot of votes for P.O.D.'s 'Boom' and Drowning Pool's 'Bodies,'" Alston said.

Hershkowitz said he's liked some of the songs used in the past, but he voted for a different song this year: Metallica's "Human," off the S&M album.

"I loved 'Boom' from a few years back," he said. "It was a great choice that got everyone in the stadium (except the visitors) going crazy. Especially the 'here come the boys from the South' part. Last year's song did not quite match the intensity of 'Boom' or match up with the pre-game videos as well."

Alston said AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" and "Hell's Bells" have been strong vote-getters, too. Some older songs have been popular, like Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf."

Several other Metallica songs also received votes, including "Of Wolf and Man."

"Quite a few students are coming through with more modern hip-hop songs, like 'Big Things Poppin',' by T.I.," Alston said.

Alston said the winner of the vote will be a closely-guarded secret, only to be revealed at the season-opening game against Central Florida on Sept. 1.

"It's going to be a surprise for the first game," he said. "That's a policy we've had for years. People would always call and ask what the song was going to be, and we'd always tell them to wait until the first game. It's a nice surprise, and it'll be a secret until then."

Alston said there hasn't been any discussion yet about whether or not to use a vote again next season. He said it will depend on if Athletics decides to use the same song every year or not.

"A lot of people have said they want the same song every year to be a kind of tradition," Alston said. "Others have said they want to keep it fresh and have a new song every year. Once we start planning for next season, we'll evaluate and see if this is something we'll do again."

"Thunderstruck" is so 1990s. Let's switch to Linkin Park's "Bleed it Out".

The new Linkin Park stuff is terrible compared to their old stuff. AC/DC doesn't age. When you think Rock and Roll you better think AC/DC. I'd like to hear "Shoot to Thrill" or "Whole Lotta Rosie" but back when I played ball we came out to "TNT" (the live version)

I've got a couple of suggestions, I like Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes (the guitar at the beginning is hair tingling), something from Rage Against the Machine (Rally Round the Family or Bulls on Parade) or For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica (cool song and it ties in with the Victory Bell).

The new Linkin Park stuff is terrible compared to their old stuff. AC/DC doesn't age. When you think Rock and Roll you better think AC/DC. I'd like to hear "Shoot to Thrill" or "Whole Lotta Rosie" but back when I played ball we came out to "TNT" (the live version)

I think the AC/DC works pretty good. "TNT" would be good, or maybe "For Those About to Rock." Me, I'd be happy if they came up with a cool intro for the band to play before launching into the fight song.

I was a big fan, and still am, of the AC/DC Thunderstruck intro for each home game, but hated the intro and music they used last year. I have a feeling this will all change to distance from the past era. What would you like to see/hear as an intro this year?

Your Thoughts?

Love this thread already...

In keeping with the idea of a 'wide open' heavily aero-based offense, and our old pals Judas Priest--fire up "The Hellion" while showing a swooping stylized eagle, some past highlights, a green fog machine, and then the team runs out as "The Hellion" segues into "Electric Eye".

AWESOME!!! :lol:

I've got a couple of suggestions, I like Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes (the guitar at the beginning is hair tingling), something from Rage Against the Machine (Rally Round the Family or Bulls on Parade) or For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica (cool song and it ties in with the Victory Bell).

These are actually decent ideas. Seven Nation Army spliced with Icky Thump could be pretty cool.

Right now I think the coolest intro for any game (I attend Texas, A&M and UNT each season) is what A&M is doing. They use that theme from "The Rock" played under decades of highlights of the team, fans and other moments. We don't have enough archived footage for a 5 minute song, but we do have enough where something cool could be made. People just might be confused by the 4,000 different jerseys. You could probably slip in some old Philadelphia Eagles clips and no one would notice.

Edited by Quoner

I've seen Texas' and OU's. Both are pretty cool. Texas has "The running of the horns". OU uses a shockwave video effect showing clips of famous plays and players. They use the theme of "We are Oklahoma". Oddly enough I don't remember the music bed for either school's open. What I would like to see is a fancy open on the video screen with an explosion at the end and the team runs onto the field through a cloud of white smoke ala U. of Miami (although everybody does that now.)

I'm a big Rush fan. Maybe "Tom Sawyer". Or go really old school and use Sinatra. Since our expectations are so high for Dodge ball How about, "High Hopes"?

"Cause we've got high hopes. We've got high hopes. We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes..."

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen Texas' and OU's. Both are pretty cool. Texas has "The running of the horns". OU uses a shockwave video effect showing clips of famous plays and players. They use the theme of "We are Oklahoma". Oddly enough I don't remember the music bed for either school's open. What I would like to see is a fancy open on the video screen with an explosion at the end and the team runs onto the field through a cloud of white smoke ala U. of Miami (although everybody does that now.)

I'm a big Rush fan. Maybe "Tom Sawyer". Or go really old school and use Sinatra. Since our expectations are so high for Dodge ball How about, "High Hopes"?

"Cause we've got high hopes. We've got high hopes. We've got high apple pie in the sky hopes..."

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are plenty of good songs to use as intros althugh I'm not sure Rush plays any of them. One thought I had was; how about an intro to the intro? Specifically we mount six or so Air Raid Sirens around the stadium and set those off for about 30 seconds prior to the introduction. If Dodge is about the pass we might as well let them know the air attack is about to commence.

I am cool with Thunderstruck even if it is old.

Just need something to get the blood flowing for all the fans and players. :D

Yeah i Love Thunderstruck. Problem is, at Fouts, there's like ONE speaker over the scoreboard, and the sound is AWEFUL! I cant understand anything that comes out of it. Like last season, they played that video and music that shows the players all amped up, etc etc. And they're yelling "Who you with? Im with YOU!!" OK, The ONLY way I know what they're saying is because they have "subtitles" below the video! There is NO way you can understand the sound half the time. It sounds like someone gave a microphone to a gorilla and a bulldog and tried to teach them English.

Edited by trud1966

Perfect for me would be the Thunderstruck plus the players chant. "LETS GET IT!" "FIRED UP!" "LETS GET IT!" "FIRED UP!" "WHO YOU WITH" "I'M WITH YOU" "WHO YOU WITH" "I'M WITH YOU" "WHO YOU WITH" "I'M WITH YOU" "WHAT TIME IS IT?!" "GAME TIME!" "WHAT TIME IS IT?!" "GAME TIME!" "WHAT TIME IS IT?!" "GAME TIME!" "1-2-3 GAMETIME!!"

That gets me so pumped!

There are plenty of good songs to use as intros althugh I'm not sure Rush plays any of them. One thought I had was; how about an intro to the intro? Specifically we mount six or so Air Raid Sirens around the stadium and set those off for about 30 seconds prior to the introduction. If Dodge is about the pass we might as well let them know the air attack is about to commence.

i like that idea, but tech does it.