Tv Alert 8/23/07

GMoney

GMT = Good Morning Texas.

Interview is over, but I believe TD will be on Hanson tonight. It was a great interview by Gary. Finally an interview without a but or a disparaging remark. Coach Dodge and Gary Cogill talked about the program right now, recruiting the area, change of offensive and defensive philosophy, missing Riley and SLC team, schedule, time away from family and getting ready for home opener at OU. TD also mentioned the need for fans and alumni to come out and support the program. Gary finished by giving out the schedule for the first 3 weeks of the season.

The interview was done via satellite link from outside the practice fields.

TD will be on shortly with Gary Cogill.

I was looking around to see if I could find the footage of that interview and couldn't. If anyone could post it would be appreciated.

I did find a snipit from the Dodge DVD that I don't think has been posted before. watch it here:

GMT = Good Morning Texas.

The interview was done via satellite link from outside the practice fields.

Point of clarification. It's a microwave signal, not a satellite. Much cheaper.

I wonder if the station will put it on line...

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: One more thing, they showed one play from practice (taped), it happened to be a trick play! :angry:

I think that was shown on purpose...a little taste of Dodgeball-offense to get viewers (and zero-U) thinking how fun it's going to be to watch! Give them a taste, make them want to see more..... B)

Edited by NT80

I saw the interview. Now don't shoot me but..... I though TD was a little cautious when talking about the OU game. Something about we'll play our best, give a good effort. Not the OU better watch out because hell's comin' with us I was expecting. Do I have too high of expectations? :blink:

Edited by Stan R

I saw the interview. Now don't shoot me but..... I though TD was a little cautious when talking about the OU game. Something about we'll play our best, give a good effort. Not the OU better watch out because hell's comin' with us I was expecting. Do I have too high of expectations? :blink:

You won't hear that from many coaches, except maybe Jerry Glanville or Barry Switzer. Dodge will have the team prepared. I don't expect any 56-7 scores this year.

You've gotta be s*&tin me, right :blink: ?

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not.

If a tv station is going to use it's satellite truck, they need to be WAY outside their broadcast area. Denton is close enough for a live truck to hit a microwave receive site, of which WFAA probably has about 20 throughout the Metroplex.

If I missed your sarcasm, sorry. I'm dragging ass this morning.

You won't hear that from many coaches, except maybe Jerry Glanville or Barry Switzer. Dodge will have the team prepared. I don't expect any 56-7 scores this year.

Ive got news for ya, with the offense that Dodge employes we could put on a better show and be a better football team then Dickey had, but may see a score much worse then 56-7.

Then again we could see a much closer game as well, but when you throw the ball around you have a tendency to stop the clock witch makes the game longer and gives the better team more of a chance to put a game away.

Ive got news for ya, with the offense that Dodge employes we could put on a better show and be a better football team then Dickey had, but may see a score much worse then 56-7.

Then again we could see a much closer game as well, but when you throw the ball around you have a tendency to stop the clock witch makes the game longer and gives the better team more of a chance to put a game away.

ding ding. They were probably better than their 11-3 record last year, and they get a lot of that team back. IIRC they are returning 10 starters on the defensive side.

Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

ding ding. They were probably better than their 11-3 record last year, and they get a lot of that team back. IIRC they are returning 10 starters on the defensive side.

Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

In bowl predictions I am seeing USC and OU in the championship game. There is a possibility we will be playing the best, if not the second best team in the country that day.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not.

If a tv station is going to use it's satellite truck, they need to be WAY outside their broadcast area. Denton is close enough for a live truck to hit a microwave receive site, of which WFAA probably has about 20 throughout the Metroplex.

If I missed your sarcasm, sorry. I'm dragging ass this morning.

Not necessarily. I won't say which station it was, but I've seen a scenario where they roll a satellite truck up in their own parking lot, and broadcast from there. They could use a sat. just about anywhere in the DFW area just to justify the cost of the truck/sat time/labor. Sometimes it's easier to hit a sat. than trying to tune in a crappy microwave signal that's bouncing off of clutter.

Coach Dodge

....In the big picture of coaching, ...we're here for the kids......

.............It's gotta be more than X's and O's, it's gotta be more than blocking and tacklin', passin' and catchin'...

.........I do believe we are part of the process of raising children,...by being part of our program I hope that it will

help them be a better father some day, a better husband someday and a better worker......

....Off the field you should be the ultimate gentleman, and on the field you should be the ultimate competitor...

Is it ever more obvious that we have hired more than just a head football coach?

Thank you RV and Dr. Battaille.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick