D Magazine Loves Pony Up!

Quoner

Wow, man, pretty harsh stuff. And to think I was worried just cause I had the arrow going into the rear of the horse instead of the heart or something.

I would urge you to consider taking that down or modifying it. I have struggled to get to the point of saying that, because I realize that your point is that people want to sweep things under the rug when it gets personal, and removing your note would in fact be sweeping it under the rug. It is a sort of self-defending principle that you have. However, everyone has redeeming qualities and everyone has excesses. I think to attack the principle I would make it personal to you; that is, when you are dead, however that may occur, do you want someone publicly proclaiming your particular excesses for your family to see? Would their own excesses justify their being subjected to it? I don't know the family of that girl; do you know them well enough to judge them?

Interesting - I don't think this board is the place for this anymore, but your welcome to take it to our site. Greek had some comments going all day.

I'm enjoying seeing the different perspectives on this. I was reading an old SI from this year and saw an angry letter from Bill Buckner's wife talking about how she has held her tongue for years but SI crossed the line. It's one of those weird moments where you realize who the person really is.

I'd happily apologize to her family and friends if I knew they were offended (and the offending post is gone), but I really don't think an apology is necessary to either side of two schools that make a habit of parodying each other as poor gardeners and elitist rich a-holes. The line was crossed, I was a dick and its over. I think a handful of people are really engaged with this though - you, King, and like two dudes over there seem to be the only ones who really care.

I'll just leave my Quoner t-shirt and JQ signed-Jorts in the closet until FAU. I wouldn't want a beatdown from Thaddeus D. Matula or any of the other roughnecks over yonder....

Also, I totally mistook your arrow for something else.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Also, I totally mistook your arrow for something else.

Well that opens up interesting possibilities for the interpretation of the SMU marketing campaign, cause that is their arrow. And as for the image I made, that would be worse than BEATING a dead horse. Sam Kinison would have had fun with that.