The Print Edition Of Sports Illustrated Just Arrived

The picture of Riley and TD is on page 72.

It's the mag's High School Football Preview edition. They pick SLC as the #1 high school team in the nation. (pre-season)

I fully expect that SLC will once again win the title this year as well with all of the returning players. That new coach won't change the offense probably any.

Im still boycotting SI because they ommitted a cover shot of the 1999 Dallas Stars Championship Team because of the Brett Hull controversy. I always believed they had thing against Dallas Metroplex Sports for years.

Maybe it's time to get over that horrible "slight". After all, it's only been 8 flipping years.

Geez.

Since they hurt you so badly, just go to Barnes and Noble or Hastings....and look at it for free. While you're there, maybe peruse the self-help section, and buy a lot of books. A lot.

Maybe it's time to get over that horrible "slight". After all, it's only been 8 flipping years.

Geez.

If he disagrees with the mangement of the magazine I support his boycott. It's why I won't read "Time Magazine" or watch ABC entertainment programing.

Of course, I have no idea what the Brett Hull controversy was, b/c I just can't get into hockey. I've tried, but I just can't.

Is the article in the mag any different from the on-line version?

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OU !!!!!!!!!!!!

If he disagrees with the mangement of the magazine I support his boycott. It's why I won't read "Time Magazine" or watch ABC entertainment programing.

Of course, I have no idea what the Brett Hull controversy was, b/c I just can't get into hockey. I've tried, but I just can't.

Is the article in the mag any different from the on-line version?

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OU !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the article is the same. I just posted the info in case, anyone wanted one as a keepsake.

Yeah, anyone can boycott whatever they want. But, this is a UNT message board. And, Sports Illustrated just gave us a ton of free publicity. (Think how many high schoolers will read the mag's HS football edition).

Edited by Green Means Go!

Geez.

--I hate the French... the Darn Normans from France in 1066 invaded England and kicked some of my my ancesters out of their castle.....then they made serfs of us...... I am still waiting for them to pay us for all the damage they did to my family........and to give all of our land back to us.....LOL..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

At the Student Media Meet-and-Greet today, Rick V. talked about that article and also pointed out that NT grad Patrick Cobbs was in a two-page picture on the inside cover. Haven't seen it personally but I'm sure it's there.

Thanks for the info on that, Mark. You're right.......there's a great picture of PC scoring against the KC Chiefs in that exhibition game last Thursday. This is a great picture.......PC highstepping into the end zone.....and it looks like the cameraman is right in front of him.

The picture isn't on the inside cover though. It's on pages 10-11 of SI......where they usually have some great action photos from various sports.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Of course, I have no idea what the Brett Hull controversy was, b/c I just can't get into hockey.

He scored the game-, and cup-winning goal with his skate on the line of the crease. The puck went off his skate, to his stick, and in the goal. There's a rule or something about not being in the crease unless you have control of the puck. The hot topic was whether bouncing off his skate was "in control" of the puck or not. If not, it's a penalty and the goal doesn't count. It was deemed "in control," and the Stars hoisted the cup at Reunion Arena.

He scored the game-, and cup-winning goal with his skate on the line of the crease. The puck went off his skate, to his stick, and in the goal. There's a rule or something about not being in the crease unless you have control of the puck. The hot topic was whether bouncing off his skate was "in control" of the puck or not. If not, it's a penalty and the goal doesn't count. It was deemed "in control," and the Stars hoisted the cup at Reunion Arena.

Oh yeah, I remember that now. Were the Stars playing Buffalo? Or some other NY team?

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"There are two things I hate. Intolerance for other cultures...and the Dutch." - Austin Powers Goldmember.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny.. I made the other post about the French and I have a Dutch name. My father's Family came from the German side of Dutch border and had a Dutch name