Smu Game

mean green d

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tasty, it is going to be real easy for a dude called MS. Meager, who loves to fling shrap, that is loved like no other douche bag on the board, and whose career is the sanitation dept., to be an ARROGANT ASS at Ford Field. Not sure what colors I'll have on but I definitely we be an arrogant, no good SOB who will be looking for the biceps of the greek god, the infamous, .............aw never mind, you get the point.

Can someone translate this into something that makes sense?

The SigEps at UNT are taking a bus down there with 60 guys to cheer on the team! I don't know about the other fraternities...but I will be going down there with my bros. Hope to see everyone there!

That is great that you are getting that many to go to the game together. This is why I can't understand the rationale for not keeping this game scheduled for years to come. Both teams get large numbers of alumni to go to a game between two schools that know each other very well and get to save money on the away-game travel. Not to mention the publicity that goes with a Metroplex game that wouldn't normally be made for either of these two schools. I mean, really, does it seem all that appealing to SMU alums, students, and faculty to go watch a home OOC game against Arkansas State where the crowd totals 15K at most? This is a way to actually get a decent crowd at their home stadium. I can understand getting Tech on the schedule for them for all of the reasons that I mentioned in favor of playing UNT--because of name recognition, history, and traveling alums. It just doesn't add up to me why they wouldn't try to play UNT every year. But, then again, they play TCU and Tech every year in OOC. It probably wouldn't be too good for the Hilltoppers to go 0-3 every year in OOC!!

BEAT SMU!!!

That is great that you are getting that many to go to the game together. This is why I can't understand the rationale for not keeping this game scheduled for years to come. Both teams get large numbers of alumni to go to a game between two schools that know each other very well and get to save money on the away-game travel. Not to mention the publicity that goes with a Metroplex game that wouldn't normally be made for either of these two schools. I mean, really, does it seem all that appealing to SMU alums, students, and faculty to go watch a home OOC game against Arkansas State where the crowd totals 15K at most? This is a way to actually get a decent crowd at their home stadium. I can understand getting Tech on the schedule for them for all of the reasons that I mentioned in favor of playing UNT--because of name recognition, history, and traveling alums. It just doesn't add up to me why they wouldn't try to play UNT every year. But, then again, they play TCU and Tech every year in OOC. It probably wouldn't be too good for the Hilltoppers to go 0-3 every year in OOC!!

BEAT SMU!!!

It will be interesting to see come 9/8. Maybe 2000 SMU fans showed up in Denton last year. If we fill Fouts South like the talk says we will, the benefits seem one way. Boost their attendence averages and ticket sales with little to show for it on our end.

I'd rather schedule more teams like Navy, Tech, Baylor or TCU rather than $MU!

The SigEps at UNT are taking a bus down there with 60 guys to cheer on the team! I don't know about the other fraternities...but I will be going down there with my bros. Hope to see everyone there!

I really think this deserves noting. From time to time on this board (and I know it was the sentiment when I was in school) people will knock the greeks for not being involved enough in athletics. The thinking has always been that, outside of "greek out the game", the Greeks don't show up. Well, we can see that in this case they most certainly will.

I really think this deserves noting. From time to time on this board (and I know it was the sentiment when I was in school) people will knock the greeks for not being involved enough in athletics. The thinking has always been that, outside of "greek out the game", the Greeks don't show up. Well, we can see that in this case they most certainly will.

Our Fraternity was very active in the games especially home games when I was in school, during homecoming we would team up with a Sorority and make a float.

Now of the 20 tickets my group purchases 2/3s are Greek alumni, we tailgate with another group that is as big as ours and they are almost all Greek alumni. Plus we see ton's of other alumni from our Fraternity and others that were students back in our day at every game.

My wife and I are going.

By the way, since SMU has such terrible parking, here's a way to get to the game. The DART rail has a stop at Mockingbird Station, which is a park-and-ride just across I-75 from SMU, about 4-5 blocks from the stadium. The red and the blue lines both stop at Mockingbird. I called SMU (I did not tell them I was a North Texas fan coming in for the game) and they recommend using that lot and the rail. They said on game days they run shuttle buses between Mockingbird Station and the stadium. I believe parking at the various light rail park-and-ride lots is free.

Yeah, parking is free, and a round-trip ticket/day pass is $2.50. Of course, if you rock the monthly pass like I do, you're set.

I think our group's final count was 12 people + a few.

It will be interesting to see come 9/8. Maybe 2000 SMU fans showed up in Denton last year. If we fill Fouts South like the talk says we will, the benefits seem one way. Boost their attendence averages and ticket sales with little to show for it on our end.

I hope that we at least have the 2000 they had. It would be really sad if there were only about 100 of us board members their. I doubt that would happen but the last I had heard we hadn't sold the first 1000 student tickets yet so lets not put the cart before the horse.

the posters?

As in the schedule posters. Last year, per GtbG I think, each dorm room had at least one schedule poster. I doubt this year is any different. My days of venturing into the dorms are long behind me, so hopefully a dormy or someone that knows can chime in.

Hey, with the interest there seems to be in the bus trip to the OU game....how about a bus trip to the SMU Game???? I know it's close to Denton, but the parking absolutely SUCKS around that place...if we take a bus and leave early enough, from say Fouts Field....surely we could get enough folks to fill a bus at $30 or $35 a person...it could be a balst bringing coolers and stuff on the bus...and having another great time with UNT famdom. What do you think? Anyone besides me think it might be fun, and save a few headaches???

GO MEAN GREEN!