Charley Browns Little Brother Brent

MeanGreenPOP

Here's an article on Brent's first scrimmage at Northern Colorado. They open play 9-1 at Hawaii

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/2007...-1/UNC_SPORTS99

Here's an article on Brent's first scrimmage at Northern Colorado. They open play 9-1 at Hawaii

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/2007...-1/UNC_SPORTS99

Hell, Dickey didn't want JQ so what can you do if you were a reciever back then? But I'm very glad to see Brent making strides. I was impressed with him in last years Oil Bowl game. Great hands. Good luck to him the rest of the way.

Rick

"I'm extremely disappointed, coach Dickey has always been there for me," said senior receiver Johnny Quinn. "He gave me a chance out of high school, and he believed in me. I believe he will go on to bigger and better things." -Quinn on RV asking DD to quit, from The North Texas Daily, November 11, 2006

Hmmm. Seems Johnny tells a different story about whether DD wanted him. Oh, well. I guess you can't always go by what a player says. It's better to look for truth on message boards, where posters pine after Division II wide receivers.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

"I'm extremely disappointed, coach Dickey has always been there for me," said senior receiver Johnny Quinn. "He gave me a chance out of high school, and he believed in me. I believe he will go on to bigger and better things." -Quinn on RV asking DD to quit, from The North Texas Daily, November 11, 2006

Hmmm. Seems Johnny tells a different story about whether DD wanted him. Oh, well. I guess you can't always go by what a player says. It's better to look for truth on message boards, where posters pine after Division II wide receivers.

Then again what players and coaches say to the press is usually much different then the behind the scenes truth. Especially in a situation such as this.

lol...you guys are too funny...I believe DD liked Brent. It was the WR coach that decided on not offering to him. No big deal though. He'll get a good education at Northern Colorado. It's just tough because he's so far away

Hmmm, it doesn't appear anywhere in that article that the question was posed to Johnny on whether he liked DD or not simply based on the fact that Kelvin Martin had to persuade DD to offer him a scholarship. In fact, I'm nearly certain that JQ had great admiration and respect for the man that gave him his chance.

Rick

Hmmm, it doesn't appear anywhere in that article that the question was posed to Johnny on whether he liked DD or not simply based on the fact that Kelvin Martin had to persuade DD to offer him a scholarship. In fact, I'm nearly certain that JQ had great admiration and respect for the man that gave him his chance.

Rick

Absolutely correct, but why would the Fake Lonnie Finch care. He's still pissed Dickey's gone. Might I suggest a one-way ticket to Logan, UT and season tickets for the Aggies?

Rick and Lifer-

You apparently missed the post by POP...or ignored it. Probably ignored it:

lol...you guys are too funny...I believe DD liked Brent. It was the WR coach that decided on not offering to him. No big deal though. He'll get a good education at Northern Colorado. It's just tough because he's so far away

Hmmm. According to POP, it was Martin who decided not to offer. Or, are you unable to read English? Or, is it that you simply hate DD and just make stuff up about him? I'd say it's probably a combination of both.

Rick and Lifer-

Hmmm. According to POP, it was Martin who decided not to offer. Or, are you unable to read English? Or, is it that you simply hate DD and just make stuff up about him? I'd say it's probably a combination of both.

I don't think Kelvin Martin was still the WR coach when Brent was looking at North Texas.

I don't think Kelvin Martin was still the WR coach when Brent was looking at North Texas.

Thats correct....we had a new WR coach. Don't remember his name though...I don't blame anyone though...thats just the way it turned out.

One more thing though....Northern Colorado is D1AA not D2 anymore....and there are alot of WR that come out of D1AA every year and go to the NFL. Northern Colorado has a WR with I believe SanDiago right now along with a DL at Pittsburg. So don't get stuck on this we're D1A and all the lower people are not worthy bullcrap. Brent had other offers from D1A but took the UNC scholly for other reasons. We just wanted him to play with his brother and be closer to home.

Edited by MeanGreenPOP

Rick and Lifer-

As usual with you, I'll simply defer to the fact that since you didn't even know that Chip Garber was our WR coach last year that you knew even less about your daddy's regime when K Mart was here.

Rick

As usual with you, I'll simply defer to the fact that since you didn't even know that Chip Garber was our WR coach last year that you knew even less about your daddy's regime when K Mart was here.

Rick

Defer all you want. You have right here in this thread a parent dispelling your statement that DD didn't want his son. And that was the crux of the thread. Nitpick it all you like, it doesn't change the fact that you were simply wrong.

And, further, that your wrongness on this issue is nothing but the manifestation of your continued irriational DD hate spewing. You might just give it rest one day...but, I doubt it. You're too wrapped up in what you think is "loyalty" and being a "true fan." In other words, you're blinded by a sick obsession to be right about all thing UNT football...even if it means lying about what DD did or did not do about POP's son.

Also, that I don't off the cuff have every assistant coach in North Texas history memorized is nothing but evidence that I have a life outside this board, something some of you may also want to consider. And, I mean seriously consider.

This is what we were referring to, and if you were around the program when JQ was being recruited, you would know that Kelvin Martin had to talk DD into signing Quinn. Hope you enjoy Logan.

Defer all you want. You have right here in this thread a parent dispelling your statement that DD didn't want his son. And that was the crux of the thread. Nitpick it all you like, it doesn't change the fact that you were simply wrong.

And, further, that your wrongness on this issue is nothing but the manifestation of your continued irriational DD hate spewing. You might just give it rest one day...but, I doubt it. You're too wrapped up in what you think is "loyalty" and being a "true fan." In other words, you're blinded by a sick obsession to be right about all thing UNT football...even if it means lying about what DD did or did not do about POP's son.

Also, that I don't off the cuff have every assistant coach in North Texas history memorized is nothing but evidence that I have a life outside this board, something some of you may also want to consider. And, I mean seriously consider.

LOL!. So you can nitpick the crux of the thread, but if I do I'm lying?

I never said he didn't like Brent or didn't want him, how in hell would I know whether he liked him or not? He may have liked him personally, just like I'm sure he liked JQ. My first post was my way of pointing out that since DD did not want to offer Johnny after all the evaluation was done that season, that it would not have surprise me that he didn't want to sign Brent or any other reciever for whatever countless reasons because he wasn't a fan of the forward pass. You know, "there's three things that can happen when you pass the ball......."(one of his worn, tired out qoutes of Royals' that he would use when he wasn't taking the time running down his situation here). We know how great JQ turned out to be, but the fact is, and this is fact and not a manifestation of anything, regardless of your continued perverted lust for all things Dickey, that he did not want to offer until K Mart pushed for it.

But hey, by all means take some of your own advice, and live your life outside of this board. Please, go ahead. Take all the time you want.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

WOW....I didn't know I would get this kind of reaction when I started this thread. I get alot of msg's asking me about Brent so I thought I would let everyone know on a thread. I don't know the Fake Lonnie Finch but I know the real FirefightnRick and he is one awesome dude so I can't believe what i'm reading on here. This board is for opinions and if Ricks opinion of DD is not a very good one then its his right to express it without being attacked (rebuttle yes not attacked).

I like DD as a person myself and even a coach somewhat. My problem with DD is his choice of who was calling the plays the last couple of years. That guy was a freakin idiot! That statement came full circle when I seen him go off on the older alum at a football game. Gees what a jerk a@@. That man couldn't call plays at one of my kids 3rd grade games much less D1A. Theres even more to his behaviour than what people on here might know about. (He even threatned me through Charley and I often wonder if thats why they didn't offer Brent). But thats all water under the bridge now. Brent is doing fantastic at NC and he'll get a great education up there(as long as no one stabs him in the hands because he can catch the ball better than a team mate) and if he's good enough for the next level he'll get his chance up there as easy as he would at NT.

Now everyone Chill OUT...DD is gone and TD is here.....GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!

Edited by MeanGreenPOP