Down W/ Smu Shirts...

Eagle1855

I realize another shirt was posted last week. At the same time these were being designed by a good friend of mine here in Houston. This is supposedly the actual PMS color indicated on the branding site, though it looks pretty terrible. The shirts will be the same color as the ones you saw at the cookout and meangreengear.com, gonna order them sometime this week.

working on getting some prices and finding out how soon I could get them done.

Thought I'd gage interest, get an idea of demand/feasibility!

Edited by Eagle1855

I realize another shirt was posted last week. At the same time these were being designed by a good friend of mine here in Houston. This is supposedly the actual PMS color indicated on the branding site, though it looks pretty terrible. The shirts will be the same color as the ones you saw at the cookout and meangreengear.com, gonna order them sometime this week.

t-shirtnorthtexasbowl.jpg

working on getting some prices and finding out how soon I could get them done.

Thought I'd gage interest, get an idea of demand/feasibility!

Looks good , I like that Green. What about turning the pony upside down ?? Just an idea.

ok guys, good feedback. Thankyou greenbat for posting the explanation of the safeway bowl. I'd like to see both schools embrace the name for this game, as I think this is a textbook example of how a fun tradition is born. We tried to put "Safeway Parking Lot Bowl" but it the front of the shirt got a little too busy. "Safeway Bowl" is easier, and I've seen it referred to as such in the DMN more than a couple times.

I'm talking to a vendor right now working out the price, etc. Also waiting to hear back from a few other people to find out how many i'm gonna have done. I'll let you know soon....

I'll take paypal and checks. Once I post the rest of the details (when they will be available, etc) you can send me a PM with your desired # and sizes...

thanks!

Thanks for posting that. Matt Simon had some faults, but I loved his swagger. Question:

Fry got his revenge in 1977, when North Texas beat SMU, 24-13, at Texas Stadium. UNT, a Division I-AA program, was 10-1 that season but didn't go to a bowl.
That is not correct, is it? I thought we went I-AA some time after Hayden Fry left.

Re. the avatar:

Looks as if the "pony" has too much baggage to be successful.....LOL....so does the Dallas one..... in fact both closely resemble a "jack-ass" and are held up for their short-comings.

We were NOT I-AA in 1977.....no one was.... That classification was created in the 1980's*. This was probably reported this way as another attempt of a put-down to North Texas. SMU constantly does this type of thing in the DMN.....

* The re-classification of I-AA put a lot of schools out of football during the 1980's... In Texas, Lamar and UT-Arlinton later dropped football and West Texas State (West-Texas A&M now) down-sized their program... The same happened to colleges in other states as well.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

• 1 month later...

I still have several of these shirts left in the following sizes and quantities:

S - 2

M - 5

L - 3

XL - 1

If you'd like one, or another one, please send me a PM...first come, first serve. I'll accept a $10 donation (which is less than what they cost me), I'll ship them for $3 each.

t-shirtnorthtexasbowl.jpg

admin, if you need to remove this thread, go ahead... figured it wouldn't be an issue so far past the date of the game.

Edited by Eagle1855

I love that name! I hope we play the Safeway Bowl every year and like someone mentioned awhile back - for a trophy of a grocery bag. Nevada and UNLV play for the freedom canyon, the skillet is taken, there are al kinds - Safeway Bowl and a bag of groceries is classic!

GMG