Drc Comments

MCMLXXX

"Smith's No. 12 will not be used

Dodge has changed his stance on using the No. 12 worn by former UNT quarterback Andrew Smith.

Dodge originally gave the number to Sam Roberson, a freshman wide receiver from Somerville. Roberson wore No. 85 at practice on Friday, while former Argyle standout Victor Gill switched from No. 85 to No. 64.

Gill has made the move from tight end to tackle. "

I have talked with the Smith family and gotten to know them," Dodge said. "I am honoring the wishes of the family for now to keep the No. 12 off the field and honor the memory of the late Andrew Smith."

Smith led UNT to a win over Cincinnati in the 2002 New Orleans Bowl. He was killed in a car accident on his way to Denton for the beginning of fall practice before the beginning of the 2004 season. "

I still don't think that retiring numbers is a good idea. They didn't say they were retiring the number, but not using it this year might be the first step to that process.

Which tackle position is Gill going to play? O or D.

Im sure Dodge2007 will be on here monday and name Meager starting QB, 3/5's of the starting O-Line and the next in line to replace Pope Benedict XVI. Did you know Danile Meagers tears can cure cancer...too bad DM has never cried.

Can't wait to see what Vizza can do in Norman

Gill has made the move from tight end to tackle. "

Which tackle position is Gill going to play? O or D.

Either way, I hope he's bulked up... his bio lists him at 6-5, 235.

Regarding #12, I'm glad TD changed his mind on that. Not sure it should be retired either, but it's too soon.

He is the only NT QB to win a bowl game since the Truman administration.