Wow 40 1/2 Points

THE CLAW

I really hope we will beat that spread. With all the starters we have on defense coming back as well as a better overall attitude about playing a team like this, I like our chances to keep it closer... But you would have won money if you took that spread and bet on the opponent the last few years: Texas 56-7, Tulsa 54-2, Texas 65-0...

One of the best defenses in the country faces a new offense utilizing players suited for nothing but a ground game. 40.5 pts is ugly, but I would not be surprised if NT doesn't cover. Hell, i wouldn't expect most of th teams in the Belt to keep it within 30.

One of the best defenses in the country faces a new offense utilizing players suited for nothing but a ground game. 40.5 pts is ugly, but I would not be surprised if NT doesn't cover. Hell, i wouldn't expect most of th teams in the Belt to keep it within 30.

I'd take Troy if you gave me 30pts.

I really hope we will beat that spread. With all the starters we have on defense coming back as well as a better overall attitude about playing a team like this, I like our chances to keep it closer... But you would have won money if you took that spread and bet on the opponent the last few years: Texas 56-7, Tulsa 54-2, Texas 65-0...

Hate to say it, but i would be all over -40.5. New coach, new system, on the road facing a hostile crowd with maybe a true freshman QB. All that being said, it cant be worse than the last couple years of OOC games.

We have not played too bad the last two times we were in Norman.... either way the 3.2 beer is cheap and so are the OU women. B)

I am hoping for a 45-17 type game....but I can see a 61-3 game.

Go Mean Green

I dont think we'll score a touchdown on OU's defense. We'll likely have a freshman QB starting behind a questionable O-line with a brand new system. I could easily see a 45-6 scenario... maybe worse. And here's to hoping I am totally and completely wrong. In fact, if I am wrong I'll wear madras plaid shorts and loafers to the SMU game. hell I may do that anyway...

To me the scariest part of this OU game is that simple fact of their top defense, and our new offense. I sure got tired of the old ground game, but that did eat a whole lot more of the time up than a lot of passing will, especially if it is the kind of passing that goes incomplete. Obviously I want this to be a somewhat close game and I would love a win, but I won't be shocked if they put 50 on the board.

To me the scariest part of this OU game is that simple fact of their top defense, and our new offense. I sure got tired of the old ground game, but that did eat a whole lot more of the time up than a lot of passing will, especially if it is the kind of passing that goes incomplete. Obviously I want this to be a somewhat close game and I would love a win, but I won't be shocked if they put 50 on the board.

I'm not surprised if it's another shallacking to the tune of 63-0 similar to what NT took in Austin a few years ago.

ok so DD is gone but way to many posters still have this defeatist mentality.

40.5 pts is a huge, I am thinking it will be more like 45-14 or so, but UNT will walk into Norman with actual confidence this time unlike alike last time and all the other visits to BCS Schools. :angry:

40.5 pts is a huge, I am thinking it will be more like 45-14 or so, but UNT will walk into Norman with actual confidence this time unlike alike last time and all the other visits to BCS Schools. :angry:

It is not a defeatist mentality - it is a reality look at what could happen. Just as we look at one end, we see the other end. There is reason though that the line is at 40.

It is not a defeatist mentality - it is a reality look at what could happen. Just as we look at one end, we see the other end. There is reason though that the line is at 40.

Well hell lets just tell Dodge to pack it up and forefeit the game now and not risk injury so we can be healthy for SMU. Because realistically we are going to get a mudhole stomped in us. :rolleyes:

no question there will be more confidence... I hope Im wrong. I just think new QB, new offense, and top defense- plus an offense that doesn't run out the clock like DD's is a recipe for a blow out. HOWEVER, that being said, it's also a recipe for an upset. You never know...

Well hell lets just tell Dodge to pack it up and forefeit the game now and not risk injury so we can be healthy for SMU. Because realistically we are going to get a mudhole stomped in us. :rolleyes:

So another words if you your opinion on this team is that we are going to do well, we won't get blown out based on our attitude, ect, then post. However, if you look at other stuff that makes one belive that it COULD be worse, then just don't post. Got it. :D

Um....we are the first game for OU after being stunned by little ole Boise State which was a heavy underdog. I think it's safe to say that OU is going to look to score early and often to make a statement. As for Miami the next week, I don't think the Sooners are too worried.....the Canes are nowhere close to what they used to be.

New coach with a new scheme for one of the worst offenses in the country last year against one of the top defenses in the country? We all know what happens to a good defense with an anemic offense.......they become completely worthless in the second half after being on the field most of the game.

I am excited as can be for the future of this program but this season is going to be brutal, especially our non conference schedule. If we win one OOC game I will be pleased.

I believe we are going to OU with a plan to win the game.

Where is John Belushi when you need him?

All of you damn nay-sayers defeatists get some freaking pride, my God have some confidence in Dodge and our team, they will make you proud!

Anyone one can slam the door on our team, gee that takes guts! The Mean Green is our team, back it, believe in the coaches and the team grow some nuts.

All of you damn nay-sayers defeatists get some freaking pride, my God have some confidence in Dodge and our team, they will make you proud!

Anyone one can slam the door on our team, gee that takes guts! The Mean Green is our team, back it, believe in the coaches and the team grow some nuts.

Now that I think about it with all of the confidence I have in Dodge, does it really matter that we were one of the worst offenses in the country the last couple of years, or that we are running a COMPLETELY new offense with a team that is 75% built to a ground game, or that OU is going to ready to start the season off strong? Oh no, none of that matters. We will win this game going away for sure 42 - 10. We will shock the college football nation on our way to a 10 - 3 season. I have no doubt we will be ranked at the end of the season. Some of you guys are going to be in for a downer. I believe completely in Dodge being able to take this team where we all would like for it go, and do see us turning some heads in a couple of years, but I just don't see it this year. Call me negative, call me a defeatist, I just don't believe that this team is going to go up to OU and Arkansas and have huge surprises - I hope I am wrong, and I for sure hope that so many of the publications out there today, are wrong in their predictions for this season, because some of them are really, really low, in terms of total wins.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Call me negative, call me a defeatist, I just don't believe that this team is going to go up to OU and Arkansas and have huge surprises - I hope I am wrong, and I for sure hope that so many of the publications out there today, are wrong in their predictions for this season, because some of them are really, really low, in terms of total wins.

GMG1999,

You are not a defeatist, you are a realist.

King DL, I have a pair of nuts. Would you like to check? (Sorry, that sounded too much like Quoner or TTG).

I want to beat Zero u badly. But as I stated in another thread, they just have more talent than NT.

Can NT beat OU or Arkansas? YES

Should we be 40.5 point dogs to OU? YES

Is an upset possible? YES

Is it probable? NO

Will the performance against OU affect how I feel about the season or keep me away from future games? F NO

I try and take off my green tinted glasses when we are playing nationally ranked teams. It allows me to see things much clearer.

Of course we are going to go there to win the game...that is what I like about Dodge as opposed to DD. This thread is about the point spread not about loyalty...if you bet with your heart and not your head then you will be making bookies very happy. I bleed green just like everyone else here and I hope we beat OU by 100 but the REALITY is the point spread is high for a reason. If we were playing OU at the end of the year....it would still be high but probably not as high.

This journey with coach Dodge is going to be bumpy at best this first year.....please give it some time if we take a beating or two along the way. Every year this board is full of optimisim at the beginning of the season when a lot of it should be tempered. Two years from now is when I will expect to be winning on a consistent level....for ALL OF OUR GAMES.

GMG!

Beat the Sooners!