Touchdown...emerald Express!

FirefightnRick

Man he looks like he's heavier than his listed weight of 210 lbs without losing an ounce of speed.

Also, I remember his biggest critics saying that you have to have hands to catch the ball out of the backfield and that he had never proven that he could excel at that in college. So far in two pre seasons of pro football, that's been his bread and butter play. He just gets you the yards, plain and simple.

Rick

Guest JohnDenver

I never put the cart before the horse, but he looks like the perfect 3rd down back for their team. He is good and short yard ... scatback like in his ability to hit the corner... and he can find the open spot and catch the ball.

However, I thought he did awesome last year too, and got traded/cut in unspectacular fashion. :\

He must feel pretty confident, he showboated going into the endzone.

Go Cobbs..

I looked at some of the stories from today at the Dolphins' team site on CNN Sports (SI). PC is almost completely ignored, except in factual statements about him scoring a touchdown. QB Beck gives him some props. Alot of attention in several stories to Brown and Chatman -- and one story in particular dwelling on how good Chatman looked and how set the Dolphins are with the top 2 running backs, etc. I don't get it. Does this mean anything, or should we just ignore it? One story did refer to PC as the "third-string" back. On the other hand, all of this is coming from the sports media covering the Dolphins, so . . . should we care?

Aside: I'm trying to think of a worse broadcasting team at the MNF/network team level . . . nope, can't think of a worse one. I always though 30 minutes of Kornheiser on PTI was enough -- now I'm thinking even 5 minutes of him on PTI or anything else is too much.

I looked at some of the stories from today at the Dolphins' team site on CNN Sports (SI). PC is almost completely ignored, except in factual statements about him scoring a touchdown. QB Beck gives him some props. Alot of attention in several stories to Brown and Chatman -- and one story in particular dwelling on how good Chatman looked and how set the Dolphins are with the top 2 running backs, etc. I don't get it. Does this mean anything, or should we just ignore it? One story did refer to PC as the "third-string" back. On the other hand, all of this is coming from the sports media covering the Dolphins, so . . . should we care?

Aside: I'm trying to think of a worse broadcasting team at the MNF/network team level . . . nope, can't think of a worse one. I always though 30 minutes of Kornheiser on PTI was enough -- now I'm thinking even 5 minutes of him on PTI or anything else is too much.

I hope it doesn't go anywhere. PC seems to be the one almost single-handedly saving the Dolphins in the preseason. Now, I know that doesn't matter because it's the preseason and because both teams are putting in their 3rd or 4th teams, but he's producing...and its like he's the only one producing.

I never put the cart before the horse, but he looks like the perfect 3rd down back for their team. He is good and short yard ... scatback like in his ability to hit the corner... and he can find the open spot and catch the ball.

However, I thought he did awesome last year too, and got traded/cut in unspectacular fashion. :\

He must feel pretty confident, he showboated going into the endzone.

Go Cobbs..

--There is one big difference this year.... New England had Kevin Faulk...who is similiar size and had similiar skills. Kevin had proven to be a good player and Patrick was the new kid. This time Patrick was with Miami last year and they understand what he can do. I expect him to stick and also to be on the sideline.... not on the "taxi" squad.. Let us hope I am right. He appears to be a good 3rd down and passing situation back for them.... and can run if that is the choice instead of throwing. I don't see any other back at Miami that does the same thing that he brings.

--- That is the kind of "showboating" that is acceptable to me... spontaneous and just just showing excitement of reaching the end-zone.. not some crazy TO or Chad-Johnson thing.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66