Mean Green World Is Coming

Smitty

Since the reaction to Mean Green Graphics has been so positive, I have decided to move the wallpapers and avatars from their temporary, sub-domain home to a new website called Mean Green World, located at www.meangreenworld.com.

Mean Green World will launch on August 26, 2007, (the Sunday before the first game) and, to mark the occasion, the site will unveil more than 100 new graphics. As always, all the graphics are free. Among the new materials are:

Computer wallpapers – seven new wallpapers, including Daniel Meager, Jamario Thomas, the new North Texas football helmet, and the North Texas battleflag.

Avatars – sixty new avatars, including the new helmet, the battleflag, Daniel Meager, Jamario Thomas, Woody Wilson, Todd Dodge, Hayden Fry, Abner Haynes, Joe Greene, softball, cross country, and basketball.

Cell phone wallpapers! – my first effort at backgrounds for cell phones and other wireless handheld devices. The initial batch has thirty backgrounds.

Screensavers! – six North Texas Mean Green screensavers, including the new helmet, the Eagle, Mean Green, and Forever Green (featuring vintage North Texas photos). Each screensaver has its own installation program that will automatically load it onto your computer and, if you chose, will put a shortcut on your desktop with a custom-made Mean Green icon for easy quick launch.

Horizontal bars! - no, not that kind of bar. Graphic bars like the one in my signature below.

And finally…

The Return of The Flying Worm.

Flying Worm wallpapers, Flying Worm avatars, a special Flash revealing the top-secret story of the Worm's return, and the triumphant debut of the Flying Worm screensaver.

I'll post again when Mean Green World is launched.

Since the reaction to Mean Green Graphics has been so positive, I have decided to move the wallpapers and avatars from their temporary, sub-domain home to a new website called Mean Green World, located at www.meangreenworld.com.

Mean Green World will launch on August 26, 2007, (the Sunday before the first game) and, to mark the occasion, the site will unveil more than 100 new graphics. As always, all the graphics are free. Among the new materials are:

Computer wallpapers – seven new wallpapers, including Daniel Meager, Jamario Thomas, the new North Texas football helmet, and the North Texas battleflag.

Avatars – sixty new avatars, including the new helmet, the battleflag, Daniel Meager, Jamario Thomas, Woody Wilson, Todd Dodge, Hayden Fry, Abner Haynes, Joe Greene, softball, cross country, and basketball.

Cell phone wallpapers! – my first effort at backgrounds for cell phones and other wireless handheld devices. The initial batch has thirty backgrounds.

Screensavers! – six North Texas Mean Green screensavers, including the new helmet, the Eagle, Mean Green, and Forever Green (featuring vintage North Texas photos). Each screensaver has its own installation program that will automatically load it onto your computer and, if you chose, will put a shortcut on your desktop with a custom-made Mean Green icon for easy quick launch.

Horizontal bars! - no, not that kind of bar. Graphic bars like the one in my signature below.

And finally…

The Return of The Flying Worm.

Flying Worm wallpapers, Flying Worm avatars, a special Flash revealing the top-secret story of the Worm's return, and the triumphant debut of the Flying Worm screensaver.

I'll post again when Mean Green World is launched.

Sounds great, can't wait.

Guest JohnDenver

Great.. Here is an idea.. Make wallpapers for the PS3. Currently I had to resize one of yours to make it look good for the PS3 wallpaper. Just to add to the whole completeness of the site.

Guest JohnDenver

Get me the dimensions and I'll make 'em

# 1920x1080 - Full HD <-- Mine.

# 2200x1238 - HDTV <-- this too.

# 1360x1020 - SDTV

# 1327x1080 - SDTV

It allows you to resize (crop) them on the PS3, so they don't have to be exact.

If you are of legal age, I will buy you a beer at tailgating.

# 1360x1020 - SDTV

# 1327x1080 - SDTV

I fear I was of legal age before quite a few of the board members were born.

# 1360x1020 - SDTV

# 1327x1080 - SDTV

1680 x 1050 as well for wide screen monitors.

I got a second graphics card, so I might need a dual monitor layout at 1680 x 1050 each at some point. :D

1680 x 1050 as well for wide screen monitors.

I got a second graphics card, so I might need a dual monitor layout at 1680 x 1050 each at some point. :D

I remembered your wide-screen set up and already made four new wallpapers in 1680x1050. I'll also see about making some wallpapers in the larger formats for you PS3 and XBox users, and there will be new graphics after the season starts and new action shots become available.

And thanks to everyone for the kinds words. They're very much appreciated.