Wednesday Morning From Website

untbowler

Again I ask. If we want the practices to be off limits to the public, why post the times on the official website?

Rick

Because parents might want to know where to get a hold of their kids?

Because the fans now know when to expect updates from Brett/DRC?

Because they want the media to know when they can come out and check with the team/coaches for possible publications?

because...

...i'm out. just my 3 cents.

Because someone would probably complain about it not being up.

Someone complaining about it from a distance(in their house, at school, at work, on the road) is one thing. Having to waste athletic departmental time walking around mindlessly asking people who they are and who they are with like a bad scene out of "Groundhog Day" is another.

Rick

Someone complaining about it from a distance(in their house, at school, at work, on the road) is one thing. Having to waste athletic departmental time walking around mindlessly asking people who they are and who they are with like a bad scene out of "Groundhog Day" is another.

Rick

Well I am not disagreeing with you on this. I have often ask myself the same question, but I just came to the conclusion that if they didn't put it on there, then people would constantly call into the AD and ask what the times where. I guess it might be on there for reporters, but to me, practices are not closed. You can still see with relative ease through the fence.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

"The Mean Green will participate in two-a-days tomorrow with practices at 8:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m."

Any report on Wednesday's afternoon session? Vizza vs. Meager? Meager vs. Vizza? Anyone see anything??

If the Athletic Department is only going to give limited practice reports on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and regular media is banned from practices, how is this keeping fan's interest up? Now is not the time to pull the plug on publicity, it should be increased if anything!

"The Mean Green will participate in two-a-days tomorrow with practices at 8:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m."

Any report on Wednesday's afternoon session? Vizza vs. Meager? Meager vs. Vizza? Anyone see anything??

If the Athletic Department is only going to give limited practice reports on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and regular media is banned from practices, how is this keeping fan's interest up? Now is not the time to pull the plug on publicity, it should be increased if anything!

I think he's just wrapping everything up. Like Christmas on September 1st!

Aren't we getting more info this year than in the past on practices from the official site ?

Edited by MeanGreen61

You know, this really isn't any different from what they have to deal with at TCU. Gary Patterson closes his practices all the time. It is even difficult sometimes to get media coverage. I'd like to think if they close practices it is for good reason. I'm sure the players stay more focused too.

Dickey used to walk over to the media and talk to them all the time, even during practices. Is that wrong? Maybe- Maybe not. There are differences in coaching styles. I don't know why people can't accept this. If Dodge wants his practices closed, and you don't know anyone on the team, just call up RV and ask him if it's okay. Don't have his number? Donate more money, and I'm sure he'd even give you some sort of 'hall pass' to let you guys go to the bathroom...

I'd like to know when they practice, that way I know that they are working out, and when to expect updates. AND, even if they didn't post the times, you think it would be difficult to find out? You'd just have people showing up to practices that aren't posted getting turned away.

You know, this really isn't any different from what they have to deal with at TCU. Gary Patterson closes his practices all the time. It is even difficult sometimes to get media coverage. I'd like to think if they close practices it is for good reason. I'm sure the players stay more focused too.

Dickey used to walk over to the media and talk to them all the time, even during practices. Is that wrong? Maybe- Maybe not. There are differences in coaching styles. I don't know why people can't accept this. If Dodge wants his practices closed, and you don't know anyone on the team, just call up RV and ask him if it's okay. Don't have his number? Donate more money, and I'm sure he'd even give you some sort of 'hall pass' to let you guys go to the bathroom...

I'd like to know when they practice, that way I know that they are working out, and when to expect updates. AND, even if they didn't post the times, you think it would be difficult to find out? You'd just have people showing up to practices that aren't posted getting turned away.

Good post MeanMag!!

stealth recruiting...out

stealth practices...in :ph34r:

:D:D:D