Your 1st Away Game ?

NT03

With TD bringing some new excitement this year , I'm hoping that now we can start carrying a good road crowd to away games. I'm sure hundreds more will be going to Norman & Dallas this year based on his arrival. Let's be honest , who would be excited going into Norman w/ DD at the helm based on the last few years. I wouldn't of made the trip. I'm not expecting to WIN , but I'm hoping to see a competitive,fired up bunch on the verge of turning that corner.

08-31-02 vs. Texas in Austin.

Anyone in that stadium who had never beard of Booger Kennedy before the game , sure knew about him afterwords. If not for some great catches by Roy Williams and some early jitters , this game would of been even closer. Our D totally shut the high power offense down for most of the game , but got no help from our over matched O. The 2002 UT Offense scored over 35pts in 7 games , including 52 vs. UNC and 50 vs. A&M

What was your 1st UNT road game ??

Edited by NT03

'07 @ SMU

Can't wait.

Arkansas, October, 1968. Nearly beat the top 10 ranked Razorbacks. Lost 15-17, no thanks to a North Texas fumble at the Arkansas 2-yard line (right across from where we were sitting....saw the whole horrific play as in slow motion...a botch handoff to the halfback). Still, it was fun seeing the entire stadium get silent as the fans realized that North Texas was just as good as they were and that it was not going to be any easy victory. Fortunately, the game was lost on the field and not through the ref as in Ausitn in 1988.

I've seen a lot of "away" games over the years. Everywhere from TCU, U of Houston, New Mexico State, OU, UNM, Nevada, Arizona U, Arizona State, Northern Arizona and probably a few others. It's always fun to visit other schools to compare facilities and cheer loudly with maybe a small handful of other fans. I highly recommend the experience and hope to continue as I get more advanced in age.

Back in 1985, UNTCampbell was my "Big Brother", and he took me up to Jonesboro, AR to see UNT play. We ended up getiing kicked out of the Big Brother/Big Sisters because they did not allow overnight trips.

Long story short... Everytime ASU scored a TD, they would shoot off fireworks... By halftime, they had run out of fireworks...

Final Score, UNT 0 - ASU 56.

Back in 1985, UNTCampbell was my "Big Brother", and he took me up to Jonesboro, AR to see UNT play. We ended up getiing kicked out of the Big Brother/Big Sisters because they did not allow overnight trips.

Long story short... Everytime ASU scored a TD, they would shoot off fireworks... By halftime, they had run out of fireworks...

Final Score, UNT 0 - ASU 56.

Ooooh.... I'll have to ask my dad about that one.

1963 Vs West Texas State in Canyon

A good friend of mine was the Sports Editor of the Campus Chat (newspaper). We went to the game in Canyon. In those days you could not get Coors beer in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Amarillo was as close as it got. At the half of the game we made a run to Doc's Liquor Store in south Amarillo and bought all the Coors that our trunk would hold. We had to sign a form promising to not resell the stuff. That was technically true because we had presold every bit of it. We got back to the game for the start of the fourth quarter. I think my friend wrote most of his story based on information he got from the West Texas State sports information staff in the press box following the game. Boy, the things you do when you are young........