Notes From Today's Scrimmage

Hunter Green

I think I count the word "touchdown" in that article more than the total times I heard it the first half of last season.

Sounds like Vizza is coming around nicely. I like how Todge articulated in the webcast that we have a 'competition' and not a 'contreversy' at QB. He also stated very confidently that he is not worried about that position and how it will play out. Sounds like he's comfortable with the idea that, whoever gets the nod, will be okay.

Makes me all giggly inside that we might actually score a couple times in Norman.

I think I count the word "touchdown" in that article more than the total times I heard it the first half of last season.

Sounds like Vizza is coming around nicely. I like how Todge articulated in the webcast that we have a 'competition' and not a 'contreversy' at QB. He also stated very confidently that he is not worried about that position and how it will play out. Sounds like he's comfortable with the idea that, whoever gets the nod, will be okay.

Makes me all giggly inside that we might actually score a couple times in Norman.

That is very exciting!! I will play devil's advocate.... should we be concerned that our offense was able to score 6 TDs? I don't know... but It sounds like our defense will be very good this year so it could be that our offense is starting to gel in a big way.

Based on what I saw today, the QB competition is amazing. Both kids had their moments but the team rallies behind the freshman. He is a very visible leader and the toughest nosed kid we have running the ball. The team loves a Bucky Richardson type of QB, that was apparent. He is mature beyond his freshman status. Dodge has a tough decision. I got kicked out myself but hung in there long enough to see what I wanted to see and that was some live football.

I got kicked out myself but hung in there long enough to see what I wanted to see and that was some live football.

I'm jealous. I still have a serious hanker'n for some Mean Green football.

I wish Sept. 22 could be tomorrow.

I can't go to OU and I'll be in San Diego when we play SMU. Then there is the off week.

Think I can talk Coach Dodge into a pick-up game on the off week?

I'm jealous. I still have a serious hanker'n for some Mean Green football.

I wish Sept. 22 could be tomorrow.

I can't go to OU and I'll be in San Diego when we play SMU. Then there is the off week.

Think I can talk Coach Dodge into a pick-up game on the off week?

Tivo the OU game and watch it over and over.

Agreed. That scrimmage report sounds more exciting than anything that happened in our games (outside of SMU) all of last year.

What exactly is a "touchdown pass " ????

Is this when Meager is facing a 3rd and 30 and we decide to pass the ball to him from the center and he has to touch it before it hits the ground or one of 5 defenders is in his grill will take it the other way for a touchdown ??? Oh wait , that's the 06 version.. Man this is going to be a confusing year.

Edited by NT03

That is very exciting!! I will play devil's advocate.... should we be concerned that our offense was able to score 6 TDs? I don't know... but It sounds like our defense will be very good this year so it could be that our offense is starting to gel in a big way.

Isaac Thomas looked very good today, very boogerish.

I'll post the rest in the MGR section

Rick