Friday's Practice Notes & Photos

MeanGreen61

North Texas Completes First Week Of Fall Practice

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 08/10/2007

Courtesy: University of North Texas

http://www.meangreensports.com/

DENTON, Texas (8/10/07) – For the first time during fall practice, the Mean Green participated in full pads during Friday’s practice at the North Texas Athletic Center. The team will participate in its first of three fall scrimmages Saturday morning. The event will be closed to the public due to construction at Fouts Field.

DAY FIVE PRACTICE NOTES:

· Competing for the starting spot at quarterback, Daniel Meager, Giovanni Vizza and Nathan Tune all took reps in one-on-one drills. Meager led the group completing four-of-nine passes. Vizza was one-of-three and Tune completed two of his three attempts with a touchdown.

· Working against the first-team offense, senior linebacker Derek Mendoza picked off a Vizza pass intended for B.J. Lewis.

· On the second play of a two-minute drill, Jamario Thomas took a handoff from Meager and sprinted past Mean Green defenders for a 52-yard touchdown.

· Vizza patiently drove the North Texas offense down field during his two-minute drill. He capped off a seven-play, 70-yard drive with a two-yard QB sneak. Vizza was three-for-three on the drive and also tallied two 15-yard runs.

ARTICLE & PHOTO ALBUM

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...;ATCLID=1149943

Do you REALLY think this is closed to the public due to construction? DO you think if I went they'd turn me away? I've been looking forward to this all week and have made plans around going.....I guess maybe I'll try......what if I had not looked at the board at 9pm?

Edited by Mad Hatter

On the second play of a two-minute drill, Jamario Thomas took a handoff from Meager and sprinted past Mean Green defenders for a 52-yard touchdown.

· Vizza patiently drove the North Texas offense down field during his two-minute drill. He capped off a seven-play, 70-yard drive with a two-yard QB sneak. Vizza was three-for-three on the drive and also tallied two 15-yard runs.

These are my two favorite parts! Maybe J-mo has his wheels back and its nice to know that Vizza has some too!

Also, quick question, if Tune, Vizza, and Meager are working fighting for the job, what does Phillips do now? Is he practicing to be the holder or what?

70 yards in under two minutes? This would have been a full quarter in the DD offense.