Highlight Dvd

GangGreen

It's not like people wouldn't buy it. They'd return the investment.

cmj

You know you have to have the capital to film and edit the games for footage. You would think that NTTV would do this as a money making venture and donate some of the profits to the AD.

But that would make too mucj since and this is North Texas, where if something takes any effort it doesn't get done.

cmj

You know you have to have the capital to film and edit the games for footage. You would think that NTTV would do this as a money making venture and donate some of the profits to the AD.

But that would make too mucj since and this is North Texas, where if something takes any effort it doesn't get done.

Well, who put the Football ones together? Obviously they didn't lose their shirt on those.

cmj

I'm no longer at NTTV, but I can tell you that when I was there, we had some weird issues about how we could go about making money. It would have been difficult to find a student willing to take on that kind of project as a volunteer. No student seems to have that kind of time and the ones that do lack the understanding that the experience would be good for them. Also, you got take into account that they ARE students over there, and you can't always expect the output to be high quality. Some us tried to do a good job when we were there, but it is a learning process.

I will say that athletics did produce some decent football highlight videos during those championship years, and since their in-house video department has access to all the stuff they shot, at some point I would imagine that they'd put something together. Who knows, we might see something released in time for the opening of this coming season. I think that as this program grows, Josh and his crew over there will be able to expand their facillities and Mean Green Video will be a big and prominant as other major D1A programs.

It's called Senior Projects... The Computer Science & Engineering department is always looking for real life projects to work on. I don't see that the RTVF department would be any different. Just give them the film and let the classes compete to create the best video. Then sell it through the athletic department (this may be the only issue, if so give it away w/ a donation). I don't see why they don't do this w/ marketing as well. Even if they don't use what the students created in the senior marketing classes, it is at least a way to engage the students into athletics. It may seem cheap, but as a student I would think it was pretty neat to be able to work on something like that.

Edited by jimmyjames_99

It's the same reason that the school officials didn't go to the students to design a new logo. They just don't want to give anyone a chance to prove that they can be useful or that they've even learned something while they're in school. Using it a class project is a great idea, but it won't happen anytime soon since the RTVF department has cut back it's classes, staff, and everything else despite the increase in majors coming into the program-but that's a rant for another day!

Edited by jimbojimjim