Second Practice Day Article

NT80

Mean Green Complete Second Day of Practice

Courtesy: University of North Texas

Release: 08/07/2007

DENTON, Texas (8/7/07) – The North Texas football squad completed its second full day of practice Tuesday with a two-hour workout at the North Texas Athletic Center.

PRACTICE NOTES:

· To begin practice, quarterback Nathan Tune saw action with both the first and second team offense.

· True freshman wide out, Sam Roberson recorded two touchdown receptions with Antoine Bush in coverage. Roberson, a 6-4 receiver from Somerville, out-jumped Bush in the corner of the endzone to pull down his first touchdown.

· Bush returned the favor later in the 11-on-11 drill when he picked off a Daniel Meager pass intended for Roberson.

· Latiff Nurudeen made a one-handed interception in one-on-one coverage drills.

· Working from the 30-yard line, Meager completed two consecutive passes to Brandon Jackson to get the Mean Green inside the five-yard line.

· Freshman QB, Giovanni Vizza instrumented a three-play drive capped off by an 11-yard touchdown pass to Marcus King.

· In a simulated two-minute drill, Meager ran a seven-play, 50-yard drive down to the 15-yard line. Meager was three-for-five on the drive.

· Running the same two-minute drill, Tune drove the ball down the field and hit Jackson on an out route for a nine-yard touchdown. Tune finished the drill four-for-five with the TD.

Meager looked sharp on several occasions. He does have the occasion tendency to throw a ball that even makes me wonder. From my obervation, #15 got most of the reps during practice behind Meager, especially during the team and 7 0n 7 drills. He is very impressive for a freshman.

How do you know this? I thought practice was closed to the media and visitors.

I am unimpressed with the reports of Meager's performance.

"Working from the 30-yard line, Meager completed two consecutive passes to Brandon Jackson to get the Mean Green inside the five-yard line."

Note that he didn't score.

"In a simulated two-minute drill, Meager ran a seven-play, 50-yard drive down to the 15-yard line. Meager was three-for-five on the drive."

I am unimpressed with the reports of Meager's performance.

"Working from the 30-yard line, Meager completed two consecutive passes to Brandon Jackson to get the Mean Green inside the five-yard line."

"

In a simulated two-minute drill, Meager ran a seven-play, 50-yard drive down to the 15-yard line. Meager was three-for-five on the drive."

And the people wonder why DD called you m'gers

I'm sure you know what the drill was working on and what D was on the feild.

I didn't see your great knowledge when this was posted

· Quarterback Daniel Meager hooked up with two different receivers to throw back-to-back touchdowns in the one-on-one drills. Stickler pulled down one touchdown with Fitzgerald recording the other.

· Looking for playing time at the receiver position, true freshman B.J. Lewis laid out and caught a Meager pass one-handed for a 35-yard touchdown reception.

Edited by KBJ