When The Heck Does Practice Start ?

calvin

The anticipated battles and Dodge era begin on Monday. Look for Stickler, B. Jax, Casey, Dibrell, and BJ Lewis will be his first core of WR's.

Jamario will get challenged by Cam.

And yes, the QB battle begins. I must admit as much as I like Meager (in this system), I think Dodge might like him more.

Really, what we lack is a leader at QB. A kid who leaves out on the field everyday in season and off-season. Phillips is really well liked and received by his teamates, it will be interesting to see how they manage the reps with the QB's. I am sure the SMU transfer will have limited action except during scout offense. The key will be how fast Dodge moves up Vizza to quality reps. If he gets limited reps early on, then I could possibly see him red shirt even though I thought differently. To me, Vizza and the freshman receivers are the stories this August.........How will the story unfold??????????? I wonder if TD has his mind already made up or is his "the QB job is open" just politics?

I sure hope we can keep all the o-line healthy and that the freshman can come on. O-Line is the position most likely to redshirt because they lack the college size and speed to compete at 18, imo. But it appears that some freshman will get some quality minutes on offensive line.

D looks good. We seem to be in good shape depth and with experience. Latiff in the secondary will be a very nice addition. Maybe the Junior college kid helps out at nickel.

Time to walk the walk................here we go EMMITT.........

First team meeting is today and practice starts 3:30 on Monday with once a day sessions for a week. Two a days start a week from Monday.

Spoke to Todd Dodge last night (one of the most personable people you could ever hope to meet), and he seemed very excited about the start of the season. The players also seemed quite excited about getting underway.